Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 06:28 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times

Advertisements

So Nigel has put the band back together again and already his new party is polling well whilst his Remain opponents can't even agree on a logo.

Outside the Westminster bubble Farage is hugely popular,a very astute political operator and a massive danger to the Tories.

This is no dummy run for the Euro elections - Farage is putting together the infrastructure and policies for the next general election.

Write him off at your peril.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-an...-real-11695821

Old 04-17-2019, 07:04 AM

391 posts, read 196,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
So Nigel has put the band back together again and already his new party is polling well whilst his Remain opponents can't even agree on a logo.

Outside the Westminster bubble Farage is hugely popular,a very astute political operator and a massive danger to the Tories.

This is no dummy run for the Euro elections - Farage is putting together the infrastructure and policies for the next general election.

Write him off at your peril.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-an...-real-11695821

An excerpt from the link.........

Quote:
His is now a simpler and broader message - that Britain has been humiliated, that Westminster is rotten, that the system is rigged, that parliament doesn't represent you and it is only he who can do something about it and make us proud again.
A touch of megalomania perhaps? Who induced the humiliation? Once bitten, twice shy.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMilligan's Alter Ego View Post
An excerpt from the link.........

A touch of megalomania perhaps? Who induced the humiliation? Once bitten, twice shy.
Farage is box office.
He knows it,the Tories know it and UKIP definitely knows it.
The sneering reaction by the media to the Brexit Party's launch compared to their love-in towards the TIGs and ChangeUK or whatever it's called is telling.
Farage is positioning himself as the Trump of the UK and we all know how much that took the media "experts " by surprise.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:19 AM

391 posts, read 196,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Farage is positioning himself as the Trump of the UK and we all know how much that took the media "experts " by surprise.
Then I suspect like a general fighting the last war, he's a day late, and a dollar short.......

Old 04-17-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMilligan's Alter Ego View Post
Then I suspect like a general fighting the last war, he's a day late, and a dollar short.......
Nah,he hasn't even got started yet.
Wait until the big mo really gets underway.
There are 17.4 million very pissed off people frustrated at watching the attempts to oveturn Brexit.
He's already at 15% in the polls,65,000 people have joined the new party,donations are rolling in and the campaign hasn't even started yet.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:45 AM

411 posts, read 416,402 times
I think it'll be brilliant if it works. I always felt that he was a spineless piece for washing his hands of Brexit, but perhaps it was his plan all along. Didn't take a genius to predict the chaos that would erupt after the leave vote, so he waits in the wings to swoop back in when the enemy is weak. Don't **** this up, Nigel.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
I think it'll be brilliant if it works. I always felt that he was a spineless piece for washing his hands of Brexit, but perhaps it was his plan all along. Didn't take a genius to predict the chaos that would erupt after the leave vote, so he waits in the wings to swoop back in when the enemy is weak. Don't **** this up, Nigel.
In what way did he wash his hands of Brexit ?
He's a sitting MEP who has no influence in the current negotiations and resigned from UKIP because he didn't like the direction the party was going in.
The Brexit Party is a different matter altogether.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:54 AM

BOOM !
Polling news just in - the Brexit Party is on 27%.

https://order-order.com/2019/04/17/b...uro-elections/

Old 04-17-2019, 08:10 AM

411 posts, read 416,402 times
Let me start by saying that I have only been drip fed news about Brexit as I haven't lived in the UK for years. It seemed to me that he was at the forefront of the Leave campaign, but for whatever reason, he buggered off and didn't follow through with the work of putting Brexit together after the vote. That seemed wrong to me.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
Let me start by saying that I have only been drip fed news about Brexit as I haven't lived in the UK for years. It seemed to me that he was at the forefront of the Leave campaign, but for whatever reason, he buggered off and didn't follow through with the work of putting Brexit together after the vote. That seemed wrong to me.
Once the referendum result happened any influence Farage had was gone - it fell to May and her Remainer negotiators to put Brexit together.
That they have so spectacularly failed to do is the reason why he had returned to the fray.
I doubt there is anybither person who has done more in terms of great personal cost to bring about Brexit than Farage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom