Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 12:14 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Meghan is clearly not well or recovered from the pregnancy/delivery and her edema and physical pain is getting worse rather than better and it is showing in her facial features, her unhealthy greying colour and her gestures and movements.

I think some people are imagining things that aren't real like imaginary cold shoulders and negative reactions because that's what they WANT to see. And I think the gloaters who are imagining they're seeing these things because they wish to see her fail should quit the gloating and mind their own business.

I'm stunned at the number of malicious small-minded ignorant people who condemn, berate and want to see the failure of this young couple and are proud to openly admit their desire to see such failure. Malicious people like that disgust me, they're no better than filthy-minded guttersnipes and should go crawling back into the dirty gutters they came from and stay there.

I agree that she does not look well, but I can't pinpoint whether she was crying and therefore her eyes don't look quite right, whether she doesn't want to be there, or whether she is on medication. I've known people where their features change a bit while taking anti-depressants. It could be as simple as she did not want to be photographed and seen in public but was obligated to attend as part of her royal duty, so she did her best to appear happy while at the same time not pulling it off. The more I look at the photos, the more I think that is what is going on, that she was ordered by the Queen to attend and it's probably one of the first times in her life where she was ordered to do something - no discussion.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:32 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Lieneke, she's sick and her eyes, face, legs and hands are swollen and puffed up and her colour is really badly faded and greying. She is ill. It's a simple as that. She's been looking unwell in all the photos shown of her since the baby was born so there's nothing different about her recent appearance while trooping the colours. I don't think it's helpful to speculate about whether or not she's on anti-depressants or other meds (highly doubtful since she is breast-feeding her vulnerable infant baby) or if she's been crying or unhappy about being told what to do when there is no evidence of that happening but there is evidence that she is ill right now.

The long and short of it is she's not well, she's trying to hold up, do her public duty and maintain the status quo and everything else that goes on behind the scenes is nobody else's business except hers and Harry's. Public speculation leads to more speculations and imaginings and does far more harm than good. People should leave them alone and stop gossiping about them and wishing them ill.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 PM

I think it's more curiosity and concern than wishing her ill. I wouldn't go so far as to say that she looks like she has the flu or anything like that. In fact, if she had the flu I suspect most people would not want her there - especially a 93 year old Queen. Ruling out contagious virus, what sort of illness might she have? Pregnancy is not a medical condition and does not make women sick, neither does giving birth. Postpartum depression is a mental health issue.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:57 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I think it's more curiosity and concern than wishing her ill. I wouldn't go so far as to say that she looks like she has the flu or anything like that. In fact, if she had the flu I suspect most people would not want her there - especially a 93 year old Queen. Ruling out contagious virus, what sort of illness might she have? Pregnancy is not a medical condition and does not make women sick, neither does giving birth. Postpartum depression is a mental health issue.
Pregnancy is a medical condition. In the US, females paid more for medical insurance until the affordable healthcare act because of pregnancies, and until recent decades, giving birth was high risk. It was not uncommon for women to die from giving birth.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Pregnancy is a medical condition. In the US, females paid more for medical insurance until the affordable healthcare act because of pregnancies, and until recent decades, giving birth was high risk. It was not uncommon for women to die from giving birth.
Nope. Women managed childbirth very well prior to Louis XlV, and the ignorance in the medical community about hygiene. Read the history of puerperal fever during childbirth - the cool stuff about medical experts touching plague victims and then doing internal examinations on birthing women without washing their hands. Medical experts were perplexed that the mortality rate in birthing women skyrocketed, and at that point childbirth was moved to hospitals and women birthed on their backs. Medical experts caused the problem and today are having a really hard time letting go of controlling childbirth.

Indeed women died during childbirth throughout time, and still today, but it's not because the pregnancy makes them ill. It's because they have a medical condition that no amount of medical aid can detect or prevent prior to pregnancy.

Birthing is a perfectly normal and natural thing, not an illness or a medical condition. Furthermore, Markle has access to the best medical and midwife attention in the world. She cannot be ill from giving birth or from a contagious virus. However, she does look like there is something wrong with her. Maybe she was happy standing at the back of the balcony to avoid the spotlight.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:48 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Meghan is clearly not well or recovered from the pregnancy/delivery and her edema and physical pain is getting worse rather than better and it is showing in her facial features, her unhealthy greying colour and her gestures and movements.

I think some people are imagining things that aren't real like imaginary cold shoulders and negative reactions because that's what they WANT to see. And I think the gloaters who are imagining they're seeing these things because they wish to see her fail should quit the gloating and mind their own business.

I'm stunned at the number of malicious small-minded ignorant people who condemn, berate and want to see the failure of this young couple and are proud to openly admit their desire to see such failure. Malicious people like that disgust me, they're no better than filthy-minded guttersnipes and should go crawling back into the dirty gutters they came from and stay there.

Am no great fan of the MM, but yes, the woman has just produced which isn't easy on even young women much less those who undertake their first well into middle-age.

Suppose there is something to be said for stiff upper lip and all that; but one is more than ususually certain the dss of Sussex would rather have been having a lie down, or at least doing something else that didn't require standing for hours along with dressing up.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:55 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:

....... Ruling out contagious virus, what sort of illness might she have? Pregnancy is not a medical condition and does not make women sick, neither does giving birth. Postpartum depression is a mental health issue.

Lieneke, she very obviously has edema right now. The pregnancy caused that.

I just have to ask you, how many children have you given birth to? And how old were you at the time when you gave birth to each of those children?

If you have ever been pregnant and given birth to babies then you would know that pregnancy and delivery can cause many women to get sick in a number of ways for various reasons either during and/or after the pregnancy. No matter how good the health care they get from the very best medical practitioners, all women are at risk of side effects and medical complications during or after pregnancy and some of them can be life threatening. Like edema for example, that does have the potential to be life threatening to both mother and child during gestation, and is threatening to the mother during and after delivery. With regard to delivery, you are correct that delivery is not a medical condition in and of itself but the medical complications and side effects that can arise in connection to delivery can kill both the mother and the child. That risk is always there for every single birth that happens in this world.

If you have never been pregnant, never given birth then you are in no position of learning or experience to claim that pregnancy and/or delivery cannot make a woman sick. Pregnancy does not make women stronger, it takes much from them and makes them successively weaker with each pregnancy.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:01 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Nope. Women managed childbirth very well prior to Louis XlV, and the ignorance in the medical community about hygiene. Read the history of puerperal fever during childbirth - the cool stuff about medical experts touching plague victims and then doing internal examinations on birthing women without washing their hands. Medical experts were perplexed that the mortality rate in birthing women skyrocketed, and at that point childbirth was moved to hospitals and women birthed on their backs. Medical experts caused the problem and today are having a really hard time letting go of controlling childbirth.

Indeed women died during childbirth throughout time, and still today, but it's not because the pregnancy makes them ill. It's because they have a medical condition that no amount of medical aid can detect or prevent prior to pregnancy.

Birthing is a perfectly normal and natural thing, not an illness or a medical condition. Furthermore, Markle has access to the best medical and midwife attention in the world. She cannot be ill from giving birth or from a contagious virus. However, she does look like there is something wrong with her. Maybe she was happy standing at the back of the balcony to avoid the spotlight.
This has nothing to do with "pregnancy" being a medical condition or whatever. More to the fact all females require time to heal and cope with the ordeal. They've not only their own bodies/health to consider, but their infant (or infants) as well.

Sadly for high born females, and or those who otherwise marry into such families the dss of Sussex's rank works against her in this situation, as it has for royal, noble and wealthy wives for ages.

With a house full of servants including one or more to look after the infant and or other children such women are back in the saddle often sooner than they would like, or is proper for their health.

Many assume things would be the opposite, that due to their wealth such women could lie about after their confinement for long as they would like. Sadly that often isn't the case as duty calls; being a chatelaine, royal consort or whatever carries certain social and other obligations that must be attended to regardless.

MM was allowed to beg off some or all of the state visit by DT and his horrible family. That one assumes must have been deemed sufficient for the "Grey Men" or whoever, and the dss was informed to get herself together because she was going whether she wanted to or not.

Prince Harry could have gone stag claiming is duchess was unwell, but then we'd have all the same eyes rolling and tongues wagging.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:24 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. It defies reality. My favorite aunt lost her mother as a toddler, when her mother went into labor at home, alone, except for my aunt, and bled out. Neither the mother nor infant survived. That wasn't all that unusual.

As I said, in the US, pregnancy and childbirth were categorized as medical conditions and all females of childbearing age paid higher rates for that reason. It doesn't matter if you agree. That was reality.

You also seem to be blissfully unaware that risk increases with age, especially in the case of first time mothers.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:17 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Markle is a space cadet and Harry has the brains of a rocking horse.
Anyone who thinks a fame-hungry B-list actress with a trailer trash family is going to welcomed into the bosom of the Royal family is deluded.
I'll give them 5 years tops.
The Duchess of Cambridge,however,is pure class.
What I'd give for a couple of hours in a darkened room with her and a crate of Guinness.
why the guiness Roscoe.. ten pinters are only for the ugly ones hahahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom