Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 12:45 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Well, SURPRISE!as do the bisquits (American style) (yeast rolls?)
Biscuits (American style) don't have yeast. They are made with baking powder.

Yeast rolls would be dinner rolls. Something like typical bread, but made in a very small size.

Old 11-15-2019, 02:08 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Biscuits (American style) don't have yeast. They are made with baking powder.

Yeast rolls would be dinner rolls. Something like typical bread, but made in a very small size.
Okay, thanks. That goes to show how often I make bisquits--and when I do, I use frozen ones. Dinner rolls. As long as they don't think I'm talking about cookies when I say "bisquit."

Old 11-16-2019, 10:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Never actually had a Popeye's chicken sandwich.

Gregg's looks pretty tasty but it's a bit out of my way.

I just signed up for one of those home delivery things where you cook a meal that they send you the ingredients for - two nights a week. We'll see how that goes. I tried it out with a coupla meals before making the commitment and I was really pleased.

Hmmm, how to make this about Chick fil A....ummm, Chick fil A is good once in a blue moon, but home cooked meals are best...yeah...

Old 11-16-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I just signed up for one of those home delivery things where you cook a meal that they send you the ingredients for - two nights a week. We'll see how that goes. I tried it out with a coupla meals before making the commitment and I was really pleased.

Hmmm, how to make this about Chick fil A....ummm, Chick fil A is good once in a blue moon, but home cooked meals are best...yeah...
How to make it about Chick fil A...I would like to know what they mean by a chicken sandwich. The pictures look like hamburgers. Do they fry chicken and put it into a hamburger roll? Is that what Popeyes does?

I was picturing slices of chicken in a regular bread sandwich. It doesn't look like that in the pictures. WTH is it???

Old 11-17-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
How to make it about Chick fil A...I would like to know what they mean by a chicken sandwich. The pictures look like hamburgers. Do they fry chicken and put it into a hamburger roll? Is that what Popeyes does?

I was picturing slices of chicken in a regular bread sandwich. It doesn't look like that in the pictures. WTH is it???
I think with Popeyes it's a piece of crispy fried chicken in a hamburger type bun. I don't know!

Chick fil A offers fried chicken (but it doesn't have a lot of crust on it), a broiled piece of chicken breast, or chicken salad from what I recall. It's on a smallish hamburger type bun.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I think with Popeyes it's a piece of crispy fried chicken in a hamburger type bun. I don't know!

Chick fil A offers fried chicken (but it doesn't have a lot of crust on it), a broiled piece of chicken breast, or chicken salad from what I recall. It's on a smallish hamburger type bun.
Oh, thanks. The broiled chicken breast on a hamburger bun doesn't sound too bad. Those chains don't do that well around here but I wish we'd get Denny's.

Good luck with that home delivery meal service. I was thinking of trying it too, for the fun of it. Some of the meals sound really good even if you still have to cook it.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:21 PM

391 posts, read 196,485 times
Quote:

Please report on your experience with the meal delivery kit. I'm interested from a business perspective.
Was it a local/regional/national operator? There's already a ton of these companies. I wonder will we see more or less of them in the future. Grocery delivery is struggling, while click and collect is doing better.

Travis Kalanick the founder of UBER just raised $400M from the Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund, for CloudKitchens, a sort of WeWork for delivery only restaurants*that is also getting into the mix. It will operate at the local level.

Old 11-17-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Oh, thanks. The broiled chicken breast on a hamburger bun doesn't sound too bad. Those chains don't do that well around here but I wish we'd get Denny's.

Good luck with that home delivery meal service. I was thinking of trying it too, for the fun of it. Some of the meals sound really good even if you still have to cook it.
I'm curious about it. No contract - I can stop it if I want to. But the first two meals were good.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:47 AM

391 posts, read 196,485 times
Big news for all the people here who defended CFA and it's support of specific groups.
CFA says thanks,.....but we're dumping you.

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news...m_medium=email

Old 11-19-2019, 07:54 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMilligan's Alter Ego View Post
Big news for all the people here who defended CFA and it's support of specific groups.
CFA says thanks,.....but we're dumping you.

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news...m_medium=email
They have just stated that they are going to give money to other charities including money for a homeless charity.

It's up to them whether they give to charity or not, and which charities they want to give to and they can review charitable donations on a regular basis as can any privately run business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom