Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 AM

117 posts, read 410,313 times

Advertisements

I heard about the childfree village in Scotland and want to establish one in the United States or else all us childfree activists will just have to move over the cold cold and wet Scotland in order to be free of public school taxes.
childfree village scotland - Google Search
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post3725010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 12:10 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,328 times
Can`t see the problem...There are places all over the UK and the US doing exactly the same thing...They are usually called pensioners hideouts,,,Why should age have anything to do with wether you want kids around or not???
I reckon they`re missing out,,,but that`s up to them eh???

Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allandi View Post
I heard about the childfree village in Scotland and want to establish one in the United States or else all us childfree activists will just have to move over the cold cold and wet Scotland in order to be free of public school taxes.
childfree village scotland - Google Search
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post3725010
Certainly hope Scotland doesn't get any extra grumpy old people who got a state education and whose kids got a state education but don't want anybody else to get a state education. Certainly don't want any kids to get an education, find decent employment and pay taxes to support the elderly. No that wouldn't do at all.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:18 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
I'm happy to pay taxes towards educating the next generation, whether they are my kids or anybody else's - why wouldn't you?

They'll grow up to be the next generation of scientists, train drivers, Doctors & nurses, writers and all the other things humankind and society needs.

Why should you try to avoid paying the real costs/taxes on that?

Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 PM

36 posts, read 120,445 times
So if you won't pay for this generation of children to go to school, will you also ask that your taxes not go towards the children of parents on welfare and medicaid?

If so, will you be willing to pay higher taxes to feed and clothe the extra inmates that society will end up with in 25 - 30 years because it raised a generation of isolated, desperate, hateful, and unhappy people?

Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 AM

I will only support taxes for contraception so that the next generations don't burn all the oil I will need in my retirement.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:04 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allandi View Post
I will only support taxes for contraception so that the next generations don't burn all the oil I will need in my retirement.
Ah. Just thinking about the good of the planet and mankind I see.

Course then there won't be a younger generation to fix the cars, mend the roads, man the refineries and install the heating system when you are too old and decrepit to do it for yourself. So you won't be needing that oil after all.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Labor is not a problem, natural resources are. Do towns fund their own school systems in the UK? or does the national government do it all? Can that childfree village in Scotland save school taxes? like Provincetown MA, USA, with only 8% children compared to 25% USA nationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom