Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 04:06 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times

Advertisements

This is the man if we all remember cheated his own rules by driving miles to his parents house with his family, then went for a drive to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight to see if he would be able to drive the long distance home.... He got away with his lies....now hes trying to bring down Boris Johnson who stood by him foolishly...

Cummings reportedly believes Johnson failed to learn the lessons of the first wave of Covid-19 and so reacted sluggishly when the virus surged again, leading to thousands of needless deaths. This would be in keeping with a Government that performed poorly in the pandemic until its big vaccine success. It is, as Cummings said in his brutal blog, “sad to see the PM fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves”. https://inews.co.uk/opinion/dominic-...spot-on-972076 I am not saying Boris hasnt made blunders but come on. shouldnt this weed Cummings go and hide under a stone.. instead of coming out with this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 05:50 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
I am not even interested, Cummings was nothing more than an unelected advisor.

It was Tony Blair who started this spin doctor nonsense, with the likes of self opinionated Alistair Campbell, whilst Theresa May employed to of the stupidest advisors ever.

Cummings is just trying to milk the situation, even though he is yesterday's man.

Politicians usually go on to write memoirs which are filled with such allegations in order to sell more copies, however Cummings was never a politician and is just seeking his own self publicity through the tabloids and media.

Cummings will soon be forgotten about again, and will return to yesterday's news, which is where he belongs.

In reality nobody cares what spin doctors like Campbell or Cummings think, and I wish they would stop giving such people media coverage.

In reality the best thing Boris did, was to get rid of Cummings, who was causing all kinds of problems.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-28-2021 at 06:33 AM..

Old 04-28-2021, 06:28 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I am not even interested, Cummings was nothing more than an unelected advisor.

It was Tony Blair who started this spin doctor nonsense, with the likes of self opinionated Alistair Campbell, whilst Theresa May employed to of the stupidest advisors ever.

Cummings is just trying to milk the situation, even though he is yesterday's man.

Politicians usually go on to write memoirs with such allegations, but Cummings was never a politician and is just seeking his own self publicity through the tabloids and media.

Cummings will soon be forgotten about again, and will return to yesterday's new, which is where he belongs.

In reality nobody cares what spin doctors like Campbell or Cummings think, and I wish they would stop giving such people media coverage.

In reality the best thing Boris did, was to get rid of Cummings, who was causing all kinds of problems.
Well said and how right you are..

Old 04-30-2021, 07:27 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Cummings isn’t anywhere close to being as hypocritical as the mayor of Austin, Texas.
Last fall, Mayor Adler put on a live stream video lecturing his constituents to avoid gatherings, to not travel and stay home if possible.
He made that video while sitting in his luxury beachfront villa in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.... having flown down with family in a private jet after presiding over his daughter’s wedding at a resort venue in Austin attended by a crowd of friends.
He really earned his new moniker “Cabo Steve”.
Lol

Old 04-30-2021, 10:42 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Let's just hope this pandemic comes to an end--soon. Besides the obvious tragedies and confusion, the politicians acting like spoiled kids has turned it into a political game. I had forgotten the name of that idiot who went for a long drive and then had to test his eyes, lol, so he could drive back again. In the middle of a pandemic! When everyone else is admonished to stay home!

Now all we're hearing is Dominic Cummings or, of course, BOJO bellowing incoherently that he PAID for his redecorating! (We also get T***p whining that he didn't even get one word of thanks in Biden's latest speech, after all that he has done for this country!

I just had to add my worthless 2 cents. So sick of dishonest, hypocritical, selfish politicians. I wonder if we'll ever get honest leaders who didn't get to where they are by bribery, being filthy rich, lying, etc. /rant.

Last edited by in_newengland; 04-30-2021 at 12:45 PM..

Old 04-30-2021, 11:49 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,568,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
So sick of dishonest, hypocritical, selfish politicians. I wonder if we'll ever get honest leaders who didn't get to where they are by bribery, being filthy rich, lying, etc. /rant.
amen to this, sadly it takes money to get anywhere and that really is the root of all corruption (evil)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom