Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 04:20 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
One thing you could say is that she did a pretty poor job of raising her kids. Not an easy thing to do at the best of times, but what a mess they turned out to be.
Yeh, but actually she wasn't allowed to raise them the way she probably would have wanted to. There were always rules with which to abide and she was also travelling or attending events as part of her job. It's similar to Prince Charles' situation when he wanted to stay home and take care of the kids. He was told in no uncertain terms that this was not allowed and that he had to get back to work.

They were raised by nannies and a lot of what they did was probably decided by the staff (whatever you call them.) The Queen probably didn't have much say. Seems that Kate and William are getting more time to spend with their kids than the Queen every did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 05:25 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
One thing you could say is that she did a pretty poor job of raising her kids. Not an easy thing to do at the best of times, but what a mess they turned out to be.
You think? I doubt they're any worse than most peoples 'kids', one thing for sure its hard for them (or anybody) to aspire to her standards, I'm not sure where we go after we lose her.

Old 05-24-2022, 07:27 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
toward the end of his life he was sharing a living space with another woman, not the Queen.

\

Whaaat?

Old 05-24-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Whaaat?
Well, I can only say what I read.

He supposedly had a lady friend and the two of them lived together. I don't know if this was during his last year or longer than that. It would have just been a platonic friendship, of course. I don't know any more than that and actually I was hoping that someone more in the know would chime in.

This is rather juicy:
https://ilymail.co.uk/news/article-8...iographer.html

Whether he had playmates or lovers? Anyway he and the Queen had great respect for each other. We can make up our own minds about the rest of it.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
She's been a marvelous queen and role model, in spite of her human frailties. Kudos to her.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:52 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Whaaat?
Supposedly the woman who shared his horse and trap hobby..

Old 05-26-2022, 04:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Well, I can only say what I read.

He supposedly had a lady friend and the two of them lived together. I don't know if this was during his last year or longer than that. It would have just been a platonic friendship, of course. I don't know any more than that and actually I was hoping that someone more in the know would chime in.

This is rather juicy:
https://ilymail.co.uk/news/article-8...iographer.html

Whether he had playmates or lovers? Anyway he and the Queen had great respect for each other. We can make up our own minds about the rest of it.
To be honest I would take that publication with a 'pinch of salt' if I were you.

Old 05-26-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
To be honest I would take that publication with a 'pinch of salt' if I were you.
Well, yeh, of course. But people, including Brits, have told me he had a roving eye. Some said worse things than that.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:02 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
He lived with another woman when he was 97, 98, and 99? Well, if true and it wasn't platonic, more power to him.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:00 AM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsq_IHWqvW4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom