Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 11:14 AM

18,439 posts, read 18,572,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Coming soon to liquidation outlets and thrift stores near you!

Oh wait...already there...

I just saw on Amazon that the hardcover ($22.42) is CHEAPER than the paperback ($34.20). It's only been out for 2 days and already falling far below the publisher's expectations.

This means that the publisher printed far more hardcover copies than are selling. They lower the price to try to recoup some of their costs. This publisher that made the 4 book deal with Harry might be regretting it.
Who will be blamed for this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 11:25 AM

16,233 posts, read 8,355,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
The book appears to be very successful.
Though I do not keep up with the royals in general, I suspect they find it in poor taste to air their dirty laundry in public.
I don't understand why Harry would write such a book, but I suspect some of the motivation comes from his wife.

Old 01-12-2023, 11:36 AM

8,890 posts, read 5,919,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Though I do not keep up with the royals in general, I suspect they find it in poor taste to air their dirty laundry in public.
I don't understand why Harry would write such a book, but I suspect some of the motivation comes from his wife.

Any family, royal or otherwise, would find it in poor taste to air their dirty laundry in public.

And he was paid handsomely to do so. All the money he and she make are related to their airing family stories and creating sensational (in the very worst possible description of that word) stories public.

They're certainly not getting any of my money. I won't even borrow from the library because I don't want the stats for this book to encourage the library to buy any more of their trash.

Old 01-12-2023, 11:51 AM

5,507 posts, read 6,426,796 times
Count me out on this trash as well. Prince William is class all the way, Harry is just a whiner who does not wear the pants in his family unit. He has chosen his bed, now he has to lie in it.

Old 01-12-2023, 12:11 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,497,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Any family, royal or otherwise, would find it in poor taste to air their dirty laundry in public.
I'll take the Kardashians for $300

Old 01-12-2023, 12:54 PM

4,321 posts, read 5,109,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Why would anyone waste money on this book?
For the same reason so many people spent money to wait in lines in London after the queen died. People somehow find the royals endlessly interesting regardless of who they love or hate.

Old 01-12-2023, 01:36 PM

1,351 posts, read 693,926 times
Ok, I just heard a commentator who listened to the audio version say, and he was really disgusted, as was I to hear... that Harry used his mother's favorite cream on his p---s. Wow. Is this left over Oedipus complex?

Old 01-12-2023, 01:41 PM

128,007 posts, read 11,812,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Ok, I just heard a commentator who listened to the audio version say, and he was really disgusted, as was I to hear... that Harry used his mother's favorite cream on his p---s. Wow. Is this left over Oedipus complex?
That man needs to be sectioned.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:18 PM

16,233 posts, read 8,355,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post

And he was paid handsomely to do so. All the money he and she make are related to their airing family stories and creating sensational (in the very worst possible description of that word) stories public.

They're certainly not getting any of my money. I won't even borrow from the library because I don't want the stats for this book to encourage the library to buy any more of their trash.
True as no family wants their black sheep to trash them.

I would think it more important to a family that leads the nation either symbolically and/or culturally.
As to money, if Harry gets disowned (not sure what the term would be related to monarchies), I would assume he is potentially giving up much more than he could possibly make in a book deal. That combined with being a pariah with the rest of his family and the citizens who love them, seems like cutting off his nose to spite his face.
Or am I reading that wrong?

Old 01-12-2023, 02:40 PM

1,351 posts, read 693,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
That man needs to be sectioned.
It seems clear that his therapy has gone a bit haywire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom