Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 11:12 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times

Advertisements

He has "a form of cancer." This is shocking. While we were worrying about Catherine's surgery, King Charles announced that he, too, would be getting surgery. It was prostate surgery and not serious. In fact, some thought maybe he mentioned it simply to take the spotlight off Catherine's troubles. Now, according to the radio news, he has cancer. The outcome will depend on whether or not it has spread. He will be getting treatment.

Personally, I always liked Charles. I followed his life from when he was a child to when he grew up and was sent by his father to a school that he hated just to toughen him up. He was told by his uncle to play the field and not get married too soon and by following that advice, he lost the love of his life, Camilla.

Thankfully, he was eventually able to marry her. I admire most his concern for historic preservation and organic gardening. The Diana fiasco was not his fault as he was set up by his grandmother and he had been trained his entire life to do as he was told for the family.

He is stoical and has endured a lot of heartache and difficulty, maybe the latest was Harry's departure and the ensuing mess it created. I hope he will be all right and it's odd that with parents who lived well into their 90s, Charless, of all people, would develop cancer. Maybe it's a consequence of stress, of which he has had much more than his share. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 11:18 AM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times
It is said that by the time men are in their 70s, they all have prostate cancer. In most cases, it is so slow growing that no treatment is necessary. Only some have a type that is dangerous.

Old 02-05-2024, 11:20 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
I hope he will get treatments that will take care of it.

Old 02-05-2024, 11:27 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
The report I read said that his cancer is unrelated to his recent surgery, so if that's true, he doesn't have prostate cancer. It's something else. The news report also said he is beginning cancer treatments. It seems very little information is out there at this point.

I'm wishing the King all the best and a long life. No doubt he will receive the best care available in the world.

Old 02-05-2024, 11:28 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is said that by the time men are in their 70s, they all have prostate cancer. In most cases, it is so slow growing that no treatment is necessary. Only some have a type that is dangerous.
It's been confirmed that it is not prostate cancer but another form of cancer found whilst the King underwent tests for a benign prostate enlargement.

The type of cancer has not been revealed, other than it is not prostate cancer.

King Charles diagnosed with cancer: full statement - BBC News

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace says - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 02-05-2024 at 11:55 AM..

Old 02-05-2024, 11:32 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The report I read said that his cancer is unrelated to his recent surgery, so if that's true, he doesn't have prostate cancer. It's something else. The news report also said he is beginning cancer treatments. It seems very little information is out there at this point.

I'm wishing the King all the best and a long life. No doubt he will receive the best care available in the world.
Yes, I heard the same: that the cancer is unrelated to the prostate procedure he had. So they are saying for. Now it is just some form of cancer. We will have to wait for specifics.

Prayers for the King and country.

Old 02-05-2024, 12:01 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,603,730 times
I feel sorry for the King. Just when he had finally ascended the throne and was beginning to have his long-awaited time in the royal spotlight, to make his mark on the history of the British monarchy as a king, this happens. I think that if the cancer for which he is now being treated were not a dangerous and/or potentially life-threatening one, the specific diagnosis would have been revealed. Also, King Charles' temporary removal from public royal duties indicates to me that the treatment is rigorous, likely to exhaust him, possibly as aggressive a chemotherapy regimen as they can use with a patient of his age.

I hope he does recover and continues his reign.

Old 02-05-2024, 12:12 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,530,656 times
Could be bladder cancer. Close to prostate. I hope he does well.

Old 02-05-2024, 12:24 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
It's been confirmed that it is not prostate cancer but another form of cancer found whilst the King underwent tests for a benign prostate enlargement.

The type of cancer has not been revealed, other than it is not prostate cancer......
Well I'm very sorry to hear this news, but I'm going to think positively about this in terms of I think it's a good thing that he had gone in for tests on the benign prostate enlargement. Otherwise if he'd had no symptoms and hadn't gone in for those prostate tests then the other cancer that has now been found as a consequence may have gone un-noticed and not have been discovered until much later. If it wasn't found until much later then it could have been too advanced and too late to start providing the right treatment and procedures. So I'm hoping this different cancer has been found in plenty of time for the King to get effective treatment that will get rid of it.

Prayers, positive thoughts and good vibes being sent up for his Majesty's continuing good health and for the complete eradication of the cancer that was found.

Old 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM

2,389 posts, read 1,560,434 times
I know what I would do if I were him, might not be a popular idea but I would be seriously considering stepping down and allowing William to step up. I truly hope he recovers from this cancer. Life is too short spend every day with the woman you love doing the things you love - Charles owes us nothing he has already served all of his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom