Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:23 AM

9 posts, read 33,793 times

Advertisements

hi i thought id start a discussion about whats happening around the uk i can't believe how much it has changed from me being a kid and im only 20.

i mean so far this year 16 teenagers have been stabbed thats nearly 3 a month!

do you think it will get worse or do you think it will calm down and get better?

i live in cambridgeshire and the town thats near to me has a hostle in it i couldnt believe it when i read about it but then again what do you expect!

it just doesnt feel safe to live here anymore does anyone think the same?

Old 06-05-2008, 03:36 AM

4 posts, read 26,257 times
Hi i live in Croydon in south london. everyday there is a new article in the paper about someone else has been stabbed, were now hearing of people getting shot. as there was a drive by in london recently. We hear of murders everyday in our local paper but they never make the national news. sometimes they dont even make the local paper. so them statistics are incorrect for the area were i live, cos the number is much higher than this, they just dont tell you about it in the news.

x

Old 06-05-2008, 04:33 AM

its unbelievable isnt it, and they wonder why so many people are moving out of uk to go live someone where else.

ive always wanted to go to london but now i dont think i would dare id be too busy watching my back rather than enjoying it.

but then again the way there raising prices i.e petrol and not wages there kinda forcing us out.

what are the petrol prices in london up here there £1.17 a litre for petrol?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,780,227 times
Moderator's Note:

Please stick to discussing one topic in particular as City Data is not a chat forum. For less structured, more chatty interaction, consider starting a Social Group.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,183,049 times
the place has become a **** hole. The politicians are only interested in lining their own pockets,they promise to be tough on crime yet only lock up old age war veterans for non payment of poll tax,whilst knife toting thugs get a) some fancy named warning then b) an asbo and c) finally sent to the Carribean for rehab.
We are over taxed (40% tax and 11% NI) and get sod all in return, the NHS is in dire straits, pensions wont pay your poll tax when you retire (so off to jail for you -(mind you if your name is Huntley and you murder little kids you will be called sir and given a nice Tv and game boy and free food) -policing is a joke, miss your car tax payment or speed and they bang you up -get burgled (my neighbour) and they 'are too busy to come out,we will send someone round tomorrow'.

We have sold our soul to europe who now basically flood us with all their unwanted dregs who are involved in every sort of crime possible (dont believe me -go stand on the steps of the poshest hotel in park Lane and be offered drugs ,women or 'whatever you want sir' within about 30 seconds).

We used to be an Empire, now we are a mess. Last one out turn off the lights

Old 06-06-2008, 03:46 AM

113 posts, read 1,314,321 times
We were at our village carnival this past weekend, it was nice and quiet, mostly families until a group of boys and girls that looked like they were 14 yr olds showed up- they were all drinking beer openly, screaming, fighting, flinging beer cans off the rides at people. But the funny thing was no one said anything, no police arrived, is it any wonder we are hearing more reports of stabbings carried out by really young teens? Raging hormones and alcohol don't mix

Old 06-06-2008, 05:32 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,240,877 times
Pessimism and cynicism are what's wrong with the UK, if anything.

Yeah things are a bit crap at the moment but they'll get better. Come on guys, let's have a bit of positivity..?

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...."

Old 06-06-2008, 05:36 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,605,907 times

Is he clapping???

Old 06-06-2008, 05:40 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,240,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post

Is he clapping???
I can't hear anything....

Alright then, "If you're bankrupt and you know it clap your hands [stamp feet, burn the cheque book, sell the car]..."

Old 06-06-2008, 10:28 AM

ok i dont know how to put clapping on but deffinatly clapping to myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.