Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 AM

505 posts, read 389,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
The point was that Africans are the source of humankind so everyone 'has African in them' which is true. It may be more removed from various populations but it remains a fact.
When the Homo Sapiens arrived to Europe they probably were not "Telephone Black", but "cafe au lait". They had been living in the Near East before jumping into Europe. That was 35.000 years ago. They found Neanderthals, that had been living in Europe during 300.000. Neanderthals were red haired and blue eyed, an adaptation to European climatic conditions.

Almost all original European population was exterminated, just as Amerindian population, 3500 years ago during the Caucasian invasion, Rib. As Spanish conquistadors in Mexico in 1530, Caucasians conquered the continent with horses and iron.

England is r1b, and aboriginal population, those present before caucasians, came from glaciar shelters in France and Spain...some 10.000 years ago.

Vikings were just opportunistic pirates with no historic significance, only for romantics. They were valiant against weak countries, but were crushed in civilized countries such as Spain. Genetically, they are interesting as they are original Europeans, not caucasians -just as Greeks. But Vikings adopted among their ranks about every race, so there were probably many moors and blacks - they needed people capable of scaring their victims. Just as Caribbean pirates, that had many maroon slaves.

Last edited by farinello; 09-15-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 10:57 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,293,802 times
Quote:
England is r1b, and aboriginal population, those present before caucasians, came from glaciar shelters in France and Spain...some 10.000 years ago.
Aye, my paternal ancestors on my mother's and father's side is R-M269 and I also have R-L21 (we tested my father, and I can see the Y DNA surname project ancestors and link mine to several of them.

You can call me Anglo-Celt, Saxon-Scot, maybe just celt, or Britannic or Whitey McWhiterson I guess.. :P

Old 09-15-2017, 01:21 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,428,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Aye, my paternal ancestors on my mother's and father's side is R-M269 and I also have R-L21 (we tested my father, and I can see the Y DNA surname project ancestors and link mine to several of them.

You can call me Anglo-Celt, Saxon-Scot, maybe just celt, or Britannic or Whitey McWhiterson I guess.. :P
And I thought I was the whitest person I've ever known.

Hey, I'm pretty dang pale. Not sure, but I think I'm at least as much Scandinavian as I am Celtic. Not sure how that would break down w/ 23andme.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:43 PM

(well I didn't intend on getting into genealogy and DNA research as much as I have)

I mostly wanted to know if I had any interesting ancestors (I think everyone does if you take a moment to look, their stories are definitely worth reading) plus I was just curious about the features I have physically. They certainly came from somewhere (dark green eyes, freckles if I am out in the sunlight for too long, light brown hair with reddish/gold streaks).

I'd be overjoyed if I could know that in 200 years someone would mention my name even in passing.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
(well I didn't intend on getting into genealogy and DNA research as much as I have)

I mostly wanted to know if I had any interesting ancestors (I think everyone does if you take a moment to look, their stories are definitely worth reading) plus I was just curious about the features I have physically. They certainly came from somewhere (dark green eyes, freckles if I am out in the sunlight for too long, light brown hair with reddish/gold streaks).

I'd be overjoyed if I could know that in 200 years someone would mention my name even in passing.
Yes, it's cool.

I have dark brown hair but it has a lot of red and gold highlights, very dark eyes but very light skin but it has a lot of color in it if that makes sense - as in "blushing English rose." No freckles though.

I was a strawberry blonde as a kid. Auburn as an older kid and young woman. Then it got darker.

I have a whole branch of ancestors that I know are straight up British Isles that are blonde and blue eyed. But then my grandmother's people are from Scotland and they have either red or dark brown hair and brown eyes - just about all of them. I think they are the ones the Finnish ancestry is from as well. I know that dark hair and eyes is more common from Lapland. Were those Vikings? I don' think so.

I wonder if my Finnish ancestors were from Lapland? That's something I definitely don't know.

I need to read up on the Finns.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:36 PM

All the ancestors I've found were either from Southern England or the Scottish Borders/Lowlands (2 from the Highlands) all of whom were part of the Ulster Plantation (but didn't stay for more than 10 years...guess they didnt care for it) and one Welshman from Glamorgan (whose surname I carry).

The new descriptions I have of some of my ancestors include my great great grandfather on my paternal side whose Civil War records show he was 5'8, had black hair and blue eyes..descended from Edward Williams of Wales.

Another woman whose first name escapes me, last name was Burnett (of Aberdeenshire Burnetts) was said to be 6' tall, dark green eyes and red hair descendant of Phillip Burnett.

Its just funny that none of these people of English, Welsh and Scottish extraction ever had a child that I can find (minus one Cherokee woman) outside of their ethnic group. Even most of my Scottish Presbyterian ancestors stayed together until the 20th century when they started marrying people of English ancestry.

(I feel like such a geek knowing any of this, especially at my age..but as someone who has always enjoyed history, its incredibly interesting)

Old 09-15-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
All the ancestors I've found were either from Southern England or the Scottish Borders/Lowlands (2 from the Highlands) all of whom were part of the Ulster Plantation (but didn't stay for more than 10 years...guess they didnt care for it) and one Welshman from Glamorgan (whose surname I carry).

The new descriptions I have of some of my ancestors include my great great grandfather on my paternal side whose Civil War records show he was 5'8, had black hair and blue eyes..descended from Edward Williams of Wales.

Another woman whose first name escapes me, last name was Burnett (of Aberdeenshire Burnetts) was said to be 6' tall, dark green eyes and red hair descendant of Phillip Burnett.

Its just funny that none of these people of English, Welsh and Scottish extraction ever had a child that I can find (minus one Cherokee woman) outside of their ethnic group. Even most of my Scottish Presbyterian ancestors stayed together until the 20th century when they started marrying people of English ancestry.

(I feel like such a geek knowing any of this, especially at my age..but as someone who has always enjoyed history, its incredibly interesting)
Oh I totally agree - I have been fascinated by this stuff since I was in my twenties.

I was also taken aback by the fact that other than the French Huguenot (who immigrated to England), and the mysterious Finn, and one German, from the 1500s on I can find no evidence of anyone other than English and Scottish folks marrying other English and Scottish folks.

Interestingly enough, the French Huguenot was Nicolas Martiau who was the principle architect and city planner for Yorktown, VA. I think that's pretty cool.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:35 PM

292 posts, read 243,010 times
The link below is beyond old...2005 NatGeo search for Ultimate Adam

States it was one origination ancestor in Africa 60k yrs

Geneticist Searches for DNA of "Adam," the First Human

Now, in select Genetic journals and such..which, unless you have a academic subscription...you cannot access, let alone post on a forum such as this.

Couple of issues... have been discussed over the years.

while the original gene pool was said to be based on this one person/family....they now know that there is proof that there were ancestors on the Mongolian plateau around the same time 60k years ago.

Because of this, many génotypes believe that they might have originated from The Asian originator, while other génotypes believe that they originated from the African génotypes.

BTW, this is not based on some sort of racial preference .....but due to germ line gene history and full strand genetic testing

It is complex, and does suggest that several génotypes might have developed around the same timeframe on the planet

Not surprising,as the creator made us different, so that each person and tribe would add their génotypes to the human gene pool over time...when you think about it, all cultures, creeds, and races have each added significantly to human evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom