Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 11:48 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,281,997 times

Advertisements

I've posted before on the Utah forum along with so many other states trying to find my perfect retirement area. Therefore, I am now requesting information about Wayne County. I know the towns are small, the area is spread out, and that's what I want. I'd prefer a little more rain that it looks like I can sacrifice that for the beauty of the area. The temperatures of the area look good to me and the snowfall is not too much. Torrey, Teasdale, etc. look really nice.

Any comments or suggestions? My goal is escaping the relentless heat and humidity of summer (which lasts about five months) in central Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 03:01 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,824,513 times
If I had my druthers I would move to this area in a heart beat! I've been there many times over the years in all seasons. The summer is fairly hot (but usually not scalding hot) in the day time but temps are really pleasant in the evening - and it is dry, not humid. Yes, it does snow in the winter but usually not so much as to stop you from doing normal activities. You already noted it is somewhat isolated; the nearest big shopping opportunity is in Cedar City which is about an hour and a half away and a really pleasant drive. There is a "supermarket" of sorts in Bicknell (along with a theater) for essentials and a small medical center as well. Bicknell is the largest town with cafes and hotels plus automotive repair shops and a Goodyear tire store. Housing prices are all over the board from super cheap modest places to very expansive (expensive too!) homes. There's a fair amount of cattle ranchers in the area and one of my favorite places to visit; Capital Reef National Park. Moderator cut: can only post realtor.com . Very friendly and most likely would take the time to give you more insight about living there.
If you are at all inclined, fly into Salt Lake, or even Vegas, rent a car and spend some time there. Good luck and maybe some true local folks will chime in with more info. Roy

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 12-29-2010 at 05:29 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 06:52 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,281,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
If I had my druthers I would move to this area in a heart beat! I've been there many times over the years in all seasons. The summer is fairly hot (but usually not scalding hot) in the day time but temps are really pleasant in the evening - and it is dry, not humid. Yes, it does snow in the winter but usually not so much as to stop you from doing normal activities. You already noted it is somewhat isolated; the nearest big shopping opportunity is in Cedar City which is about an hour and a half away and a really pleasant drive. There is a "supermarket" of sorts in Bicknell (along with a theater) for essentials and a small medical center as well. Bicknell is the largest town with cafes and hotels plus automotive repair shops and a Goodyear tire store. Housing prices are all over the board from super cheap modest places to very expansive (expensive too!) homes. There's a fair amount of cattle ranchers in the area and one of my favorite places to visit; Capital Reef National Park. Moderator cut: can only post realtor.com . Very friendly and most likely would take the time to give you more insight about living there.
If you are at all inclined, fly into Salt Lake, or even Vegas, rent a car and spend some time there. Good luck and maybe some true local folks will chime in with more info. Roy
Thanks for your response. I'm searching and searching and searching some more for a place to retire within about four or five years. This county looks great on the internet and, of course, I will visit lots of places before I make my move. Thanks again for the great information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah