Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 01:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Thousands of job openings available in Utah

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,855,132 times
This always stumps me.
Why are those jobs not filled ?

I am retired, so I can not talk about *looking for work* ...

Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 AM

25,724 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Reason: too high of societal expectations. We're developing a society of rocket scientists who "deserve" better. After all... they've been through college, right?

There is no thought today about adjusting lifestyle to fit income--everyone is a king and everyone "needs" a king's wage. Most of those job openings you see will not provide a McMansion and Lexus, thus will remain unfilled.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:19 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,855,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
thus will remain unfilled.
Makes sense ....
sad but true, I assume.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM

863 posts, read 2,992,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Reason: too high of societal expectations. We're developing a society of rocket scientists who "deserve" better. After all... they've been through college, right?

There is no thought today about adjusting lifestyle to fit income--everyone is a king and everyone "needs" a king's wage. Most of those job openings you see will not provide a McMansion and Lexus, thus will remain unfilled.
Quote from article:
"A lot of people have been out of work long enough that they're willing to take a lower-paying job that maybe has a different skill set, and they're way over-qualified, and that sometimes works against them,"

Absolute statements tend to not be fully accurate. My spouse would like nothing more than to be re-employed AND is willing to start low. He having a difficult time getting an interview for a $12 an hr job. We know that in part it's because they think he will leave. And when he DID get an interview it was implied in one way or another that they wanted a younger person. (He's very intelligent with a great work ethic and no degree.)

Old 10-05-2010, 05:52 PM

4 posts, read 9,054 times
I think this is made up, just in time for re-election season. I haven't seen anywhere near that many jobs listed on all of the state's sites, combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah