Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 AM

238 posts, read 1,505,113 times

Advertisements

Might buy some property out that way just for an investment or to hunt. Can anybody tell me about what it is like such as far as wildlife, access, weather, people, possible oil/gas production. What would you say is a fair price for an acre in a 20-80 acre range with dirt road access, mineral and water rights. The area i am considering is off the grid. Any responses would greatly be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 AM

224 posts, read 639,933 times
I personally wouldn't call it a mountain between Fairview and Fountain Green, more a hilly area.... but then I haven't actually driven across it either.

You're saying you want to buy something sight unseen? I'd say that is pretty risky.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:22 AM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Yes, it is more "hilly" by Wasatch standards. Pretty area. Limited access off the paved roads, especially in winter. The Mt. Nebo area alpine forests (and high mountains) would practically be in your back yard. IMO, the Payson Canyon/Mt. Nebo area is among the prettiest of the Wasatch Front... and way less saturated with people on the weekends. Hunting is good in the area from what I've been told (guys at work are constantly talking about deer hunting in that area). People in the area are... well, they are people, not aliens. Tons of wildlife around as well.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the replys. Is there currently any oil drilling or gas exploration in them thar hills??

Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 PM

I haven't heard of any. And I highly doubt it.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:47 PM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
Thanks for the replys. Is there currently any oil drilling or gas exploration in them thar hills??
Not that I know of. There was some interest in the past, but as of the last time I was in the area (this last summer), there was no oil exploration equipment visible from the main roads. Most all of the dedicated oil activity in the region is in the Uintah Basin, the deserts below Price, and the mountains/hills around Price. You will see an occasional pump in the West Desert as well.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Reason I asked was due to a variety of articles I found via google.Utah 06:2008 EXPLORER
ksl.com - Drilling company may have struck oil in Sanpete County
Utah Jazz

Also searched online for properties in the area that are similar to the one I am in process of buying and the cheapest price per acre was in the $1,000 acre range. Take care all

Old 11-07-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSandy View Post
I personally wouldn't call it a mountain between Fairview and Fountain Green, more a hilly area.... but then I haven't actually driven across it either.

You're saying you want to buy something sight unseen? I'd say that is pretty risky.

I have bought close to a dozen properties sight unseen. I don't make alot of careless mistakes with my money because I work too hard for it. That being said I make sure I am making an informed decision. If you are somewhat familiar with the local vegetation, geology, infrastructure, demographics, climate, growth potential, supply vs demand, ect you can typically make a fairly informed decision. I look at topo maps, pictures, arial photos, google street view ect. Also I hire a lawyer and or title company to make sure everything is in order. I am most familiar with the carolinas and midwest. Spent some time in the west with the military but was never in Utah. Spent alot of time humping in the mountains so i know how one range differs from another. Best way to find out all the scuttlebutt is to ask the locals which is what I did on this forum. Take care

Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
Best way to find out all the scuttlebutt is to ask the locals which is what I did on this forum. Take care
Well, you honestly didn't get any locals replies yet. Since I didn't see any responses from someone from Fountain Green or Fairview,,,or even Nephi or Mt Pleasant.
It's your money, but you might know alot about a place and still not have a clue what you are getting.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSandy View Post
Well, you honestly didn't get any locals replies yet. Since I didn't see any responses from someone from Fountain Green or Fairview,,,or even Nephi or Mt Pleasant.
It's your money, but you might know alot about a place and still not have a clue what you are getting.
Moderator cut: personal attack Probably ain't alot of people responding from them areas because not many people live in those areas. Your up by salt lake so why are you even responding on the Fountain Green area other than you the fact you live in Utah. That is like me commenting on the mountains in North Carolina if I live on the coastal plane. Land is land, hills are hills, and a title search tells me exactly what I am getting. Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-09-2010 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: