Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2006, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,234 times

Advertisements

We-husband, four kids & myself have decided to relocate from So. Cal.
Utah is one of the places we are looking but I need some help as to where to go.

My husband is a Dentist- I know, I know- just what Utah needs.... but we love the state and have some family there.

Would love any suggestions on where to live and put up shop!

In addition, I have read a few postings from non-LDS about discrimination from LDS, practically from children. I have heard the opposite and that the rift between LDS and Non-LDS is getting larger, is this true? Should I be worried about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 AM

273 posts, read 1,247,078 times
Hey allie,

Take a look at my last post on the Lehi thread (the big one). Daybreak is building a business area with shops and a dental practice would fit in nicely there. It might be a while before the shopping areas are built though. You might want to contact the developer to find out. And coming from CA you might find the housing cheap, cheap, cheap.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:47 PM

9 posts, read 46,232 times
I don't know about all the areas of Utah, but we live in Weber County. I am a member of the LDS Church, but several of my neighbors are not. We have a very inclusive group of friends. My Brazillian neighbor thanked us for making her and her family so welcome. I will say, they almost never say no to a party, even those sponsored by our church. They figure we are all neighbors and so do we. It's all about attitude.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:01 PM

439 posts, read 721,278 times
try eastern Connecticut-
much culture and history- access to the ocean and Boston
wineries, seafood so much more. many Californians here- milder climate then SLC

Old 09-12-2006, 12:35 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
Default Dragondog,

Could you list some cities in Eastern, CT, that I could research? Also, what are the demographics in this area? If you wish, please send a private e-mail. Thank you.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:43 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,157 times
We relocated to Utah from the east coast. LOVE IT. We are not LDS, one of 2 families in the neighborhood who aren't, and are totally included in our neighborhood. I too have heard non-people say that they feel rebuffed by LDS, BUT in my opinion it probably had alot to do with them being on the offense to be aware that someone might try to convert them.

Davis county (20-30 miles N of SLC) and Sandy (S of SLC) are both desirable suburban areas with alot of growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah