Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,005 times

Advertisements

My family of 3 will be relocating in the Lehi area and need assistance finding affordable housing until I start my new assignment at the new Micron semiconductor facility there. My wife is self-employed in the house cleaning business and will need to establish a clientel in the area. References will be provided for both upon request. Our ages are myself, 58; wife Pam is 54 and our son Shane is ten.

We currently own our home in North Texas. Our relocation is currently scheduled for mid-0ctober and would appreciate any contacts/leads on housing.

Appreciately,

James Kent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,005 times
Default Rental in lehi

Lehi is a growing area and I'm sure there are plenty of options for you. I rented a fairly new home while ours was being built, which was convienant since I wanted to move my family asap. I might be able to find a number or two that you can call if you're still interested. How long do you plan on renting?

Old 10-16-2006, 11:36 AM

51 posts, read 219,360 times
Default We're I

Hi James,

My husband is IMFT also. We will be there end of November, he's still training in Manassas, VA. How is the housing market? We have 2 horses and are trying to find at least 1 acre so we can bring them, otherwise they have to stay in NM.

We also have a 10 year old son. Maybe our paths will cross. I was a self employed bookkeeper in NM, but am going to stay home while we are in Utah.

Cheryl Conklin

Old 10-16-2006, 11:03 PM

8 posts, read 31,103 times
Hey Cheryl,

My husband is in training for IMFlash too, and we hope to be there by January. I will be staying home for a while and I have a 10 year old daughter.

Let me know where you end up settling...maybe we can meet up for a cup of coffee.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:25 PM

25 posts, read 98,806 times
I actually have similar questions. My husband is also IMFT, and we're temporarily in Boise, ID (he's in Japan at the moment.) We just found out that they moved our relocation date up to December 17th, from January. The mad scramble for a rental property has begun. We have a medium/Large sized dog and 2 cats, and are willing to commute up to 30 minutes to the Fab. If anyone hears of anything please let me know!!

-Shanna

Old 10-22-2006, 08:29 AM

51 posts, read 219,360 times
Hey Shanna,

We have a mid sized dog and 2 cats! Our start date is 11/30. They only gave us 2 weeks from VA to UT and we're driving! They tried to only give us 1 week! Anyway, we'll be looking for you so I'll post a good realtor if I find one.

Cheryl

Old 10-22-2006, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 26,820 times
Hi James ~ Not sure if you made it to UT yet or not, but I suggest you look at the available rental properties on craigslist.com or rent.com, I found a great apt on rent.com that's only a ten minute drive to the Micron plant. We too were looking for a house originally, but one thing you should know, most houses here do not rent with a washer/dryer or a refrigerator, so this is an additional cost on you. We also found the ammenities that come with apartments (work-out room etc) were nice to have too. Good luck with your search and welcome to Utah.
~ caber

Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,626 times
Wow welcome all, we arrived in december for micron also, we live in Pleasant Springs apartments, very nice, very clean, and huge as apartments go. Husband is at the plant also. Rent.com is very good it where we found our apartment(oh and if something is broken they actually come and fix it) Good luck and wellcome

Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 PM

8 posts, read 31,103 times
We got here four weeks ago and we are renting in Lehi too. I have a ten year old daughter. I'm curious to know what neighborhood you are in. I love Alpine/Highland, but I've been warned off by so many people that it concerns me.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-17-2007 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: orphaned content ---

Old 07-13-2007, 08:30 AM

242 posts, read 1,116,789 times
It's strange. I have a very good friend that has a 11 year old son. They are not Mormon, and yet they moved into Lehi area a year ago. They have not experienced any of the problems with their son fitting in. They moved there from California. They live a couple of blocks from Cabella's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: