U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2007, 10:40 PM

41 posts, read 147,722 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Utah in September. Originally from California (which I loved), and having traveled through most of the U.S. I was (unfortunately) influenced by a relative to move out to Massachusetts and I can say from first hand experience...I can't wait to get to Utah! To anyone who has negative things to say about Utah....you most likely haven't had the HORRID experience of living in Massachusetts. I am not a Mormon but I can tell you, I have never had any problems with them when I've visited Utah; they have always been very nice to me. In Massachusetts you find nothing but rude, hostile, ignorant, closed-minded, self-centered, arrogant people who have no clue what the rest of the country is like because most of them refuse to see life beyond their state, which is the worst state I have ever been in, from the dark, smelly, filthy city of Boston to the horrible road conditions to the loud filthy mouthed and hostile people. The people who live in Utah, be they LDS or not, are always friendly, caring, they keep the state clean, they teach their children how to act polite, (which you do not see in Massachusetts), and they act like normal human beings. After four years of what feels like living on a very strange, loud, dirty planet of hostile abnormal beings Utah is going to be a wonderful new life!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 PM

242 posts, read 1,036,667 times
make it to the south end of the state, I'll meet you at Starbucks and after the 10 cent tour of the area. Nice people are always needed in this state.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:13 PM

95 posts, read 451,136 times
Cravenclan:

Please Check Out Post "update After Living Here For 1/2 Half In Utah." Great Information And Has A Family Just Like You.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:00 PM

179 posts, read 324,122 times
I like Utah. When i visited St. George and Salt Lake City I was impressed. LDS or not, the people were very nice and made our stay easier, especially in St. george. I think St. George is a nice little town based on what I saw while being there. The side of the roads were nice and decorated with flowers and bushes and actually looked nice. That, and u could see the tabernacles from up in the mountains nearby, it was pretty cool. Overall, pretty nice place to visit atleast, I have no clue on how it is to live there... 8/10

Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,420 times
Default Utah is great!

We moved from So. Cal to St. George and absolutely love it!! People are friendly, we have great neighbors, skiing is close by, they have great schools for your kids, we have no complaints.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM

515 posts, read 2,192,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1222 View Post
I am moving to Utah in September. Originally from California (which I loved), and having traveled through most of the U.S. I was (unfortunately) influenced by a relative to move out to Massachusetts and I can say from first hand experience...I can't wait to get to Utah! To anyone who has negative things to say about Utah....you most likely haven't had the HORRID experience of living in Massachusetts. I am not a Mormon but I can tell you, I have never had any problems with them when I've visited Utah; they have always been very nice to me. In Massachusetts you find nothing but rude, hostile, ignorant, closed-minded, self-centered, arrogant people who have no clue what the rest of the country is like because most of them refuse to see life beyond their state, which is the worst state I have ever been in, from the dark, smelly, filthy city of Boston to the horrible road conditions to the loud filthy mouthed and hostile people. The people who live in Utah, be they LDS or not, are always friendly, caring, they keep the state clean, they teach their children how to act polite, (which you do not see in Massachusetts), and they act like normal human beings. After four years of what feels like living on a very strange, loud, dirty planet of hostile abnormal beings Utah is going to be a wonderful new life!
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure NJ is worse than Mass in most of the areas you mentioned. I can't WAIT to move to Utah next summer. I've always lived in the northeast & it will be wonderful to leave!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: