Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM

229 posts, read 565,423 times

Advertisements

Are there any places in Provo or the general area, such as restaurants to hear live jazz music?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 PM

I'm guessing from no replies that there's no live jazz music in the area? What about up in Park City? I don't necessarily mean dedicated jazz clubs but I'm wondering about those too. But more specifically, restaurants or hotel lobbies that improve their ambiance by adding live jazz music..

Old 09-08-2012, 03:56 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,586 times
Most bars in Old Town PC and several of the restaurants have live music several nights a week. Check out the online edition of The Park Record. The paper is published twice a week and the "scene" section will have all the info as to what bands are playin at which bars and usually the starting times too.
More music during peak summer time and same for "ski season"...

Old 09-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the valuable info in your reply. Actually, the reason for my asking, I'm trying to convince my folks to move up to Utah. My dad is a world renowned jazz musician. Although slowly aging, he still likes to play 3 or 4 nights per week.

In the winter time, during/after snowfall, is Park City accessible by car by those state roads (189 and 190) that I see on the map?

Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,586 times
I80, also known as Parleys Canyon is plowed quite well by the state and that continues on into Park City on highway 224 which runs you right up into Old Town. The only other route is I80 to highway 40 and take the 248 on in to town.
The good news is PC generates a tremendous amount of tax revenue in the winter so those roads are high priority during the ski season. The bad news is with only 2 ways into and 2 ways out of town, things can get really balled up in a hurry and then you sit and wait.
The UHP is starting to get quite serious about "chains/AWD with snowtires" restrictions in Parleys Canyon. If you have neither, and they check as you approach the mouth or "on ramps" to the canyon, you get to turn around and wait til the restrictions are lifted.

I don't know of many jam sessions at the bars and restaurants but Craigslist would be a good place to check if your Dad is looking to get in with a group of some sort. One of my best friends is a drummer for a well known country music group and in all the years he has been coming to PC to ski, he has only sat in maybe half a dozen times at the PC bars...

Last edited by skibarbie; 09-08-2012 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: