Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 PM

140 posts, read 333,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Depending on how the weekend goes, we may be heading down to Snowbasin to hang out this weekend.

my dd is still on the tiny side - she wears mostly 18 month clothes, but wears size 4 shows - almost size 5. But who knows, she could hit a growth spurt soon.
Are you just going up for a drive, or is there an event?

Can I ask...what does "dd" stand for? I am just wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 07:12 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,770 times
I just looked/perused Meetup for a minute or 2 and see a few groups and one that is all about skiing and snowbaording "the greatest snow on earth"? It appears that most events are skewed towards BCC and LCC but it may be worth a look for you. Another idea is to maybe start your own group for your more specific area.
I would also check your local ski shops/sporting goods stores/grocery stores and library. They more than likely have bulletin boards that you could post on and get some ski buddies.
If you do head down this way, post ahead of time as I am almost always game to go and vice versa if I head up to the Basin?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:48 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasia Ann View Post
Are you just going up for a drive, or is there an event?

Can I ask...what does "dd" stand for? I am just wondering
Well, did not work out today - but we just like to get out and drive, and Snowbasin has some biking (just DH at this point in time)

Oh and dd = dear daughter. I totally forget about using internet acronyms sometimes.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibarbie View Post
I just looked/perused Meetup for a minute or 2 and see a few groups and one that is all about skiing and snowbaording "the greatest snow on earth"? It appears that most events are skewed towards BCC and LCC but it may be worth a look for you. Another idea is to maybe start your own group for your more specific area.
I would also check your local ski shops/sporting goods stores/grocery stores and library. They more than likely have bulletin boards that you could post on and get some ski buddies.
If you do head down this way, post ahead of time as I am almost always game to go and vice versa if I head up to the Basin?
Apparently I needed to be signed up to get any real info on the groups. Thank you for that group name, I found it

I met the people at Alpine Ski Shop in Ogden, they were nice and the owner and ski tech said they didn't know of any groups or boards through their shop.

I have thought about starting a group and probably will. Are you a member of any of them?

What is your resort of choice? I would love to hit one of the mountains your way. Definately let me know if you plan a SB day!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Well, did not work out today - but we just like to get out and drive, and Snowbasin has some biking (just DH at this point in time)

Oh and dd = dear daughter. I totally forget about using internet acronyms sometimes.
It is a beautiful drive up there, sorry it didn't work out.

LOL! I thought maybe it meant "disabled daughter". Thank you for clearing that up

Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,770 times
Snowbasin is by far my favorite in Utah but hard to justify the hour drive when I can be at the lift at Solitude or Canyons in 20-25 minutes.
That being said, I really like Solitude the best of the Wasatch Front and Deer Valley for Wasatch Back.
I am not a member of a group as most of my ski buddies I have met thru the ski shop or are my customers.
This season may be some what of a tentative one for me, no matter what the snowfall, as I am coming off major knee surgery. I am thinking positive thoughts everyday for sure.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM

I haven't gotten to Solitude or Canyons yet. It is the same for me on time. I hope to explore a little more this season but think I will be sticking to SB.

Sorry to hear about your knee (every skiers nightmare). I have seen some great combacks at any age on getting back on the mountain post. One of my first clients is one of my stories.

Thinking positively for you for full recovery and healing

Old 10-06-2012, 07:04 PM

FYI- to anyone out there...If you want to start up a new meetup group there is a fee. I believe it is $12.00.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:12 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times
I liked Solitude the times I skied there - the Canyons was a bit big for my taste and the parking was annoying - but I guess I am being picky. If I had several days to explore the Canyons I am sure I would find a lot that I liked - I skied mainly off the lift serving 9990 and never made it to the whole right side of the map.

Ohhhhh and since it is getting colder I wonder if there will be snowmaking starting soon???!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
I live right next to Layton in Fruit Heights and I ski. The problem is though that I don't think I'm up to your skill level. You'd probably be better off doing it without me because I'll just slow you down. Let me wish you a great ski season! Most of the terrain at Snow Basin seems to be either advanced intermediate or expert terrain. I'll probably stick with Powder Mountain this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah