Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:33 PM

360 posts, read 1,126,533 times

Advertisements

I just read there is a corporate policy that all locations have to be within 500 miles of their distribution center in Buena Park, CA. That is so everything can be trucked in fresh on a daily or almost daily basis. I believe Northern Utah is outside that limit, too bad!! Still, I am looking forward to dashing down there the weekend it opens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Here's a link to find the location and to watch for when it will open:

IN-N-OUT Burger

I'm waiting for the day it opens, too, though I probably won't be heading out there at that time. I just want to be able to stop there when I travel between Denver and California. I don't care to stop in Las Vegas, and Barstow is a long way to travel before getting an In-N-Out Burger on those trips!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:33 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,633 times
Me, too, if we are going near In N Out, we go out of our way to stop there. &, I'm not from the west at all!!!!!!!!! We ate there in Vegas once, &, were hooked! All my Utahn friends who are from, or lived in CA, get eyes glazed over when I even mention In N Out. LOL

As for sub par food in Utah, except for some good Mexican food (& don't forget, this is as far west as I've been, so, for me, it's good! =) , the food here SUCKS!!!!!! I miss the great burgers, chicken, & wings in Ohio (although, about all they had to offer LOL =) . I've tried Crown, Ab's for burgers, nope. &, for wings, Wingers, Wing Coop, hated them! =*( &, big chains, no. Not good. I think I'll start a new thread. =)

Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Ok, here are some new pictures I took tonight of the new In N Out..now I am getting excited...doesn't look like much longer, hiring on the 16th & 17 I believe, and yes $10 an hour....can't imagine what that salary will do to the 'competition' here. Oh, wait. there is NO competition for In n Out!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Canonpics035.jpg (broken link)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Canonpics036.jpg (broken link)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Canonpics048.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-01-2008, 11:25 PM

111 posts, read 626,005 times
Default In-N-Out knock off in American Fork...Chadders

I'm surprised this hasn't come up in this thread yet...there's an In-N-Out knock-off in American Fork called "Chadders". I think they were even sued by In-N-Out at one point. I had heard they had their exact same colors and stuff but they've since changed their decor.

Growing up in California and just moving out here last summer, In-N-Out, was definitely something we were gonna miss...until we found out about Chadders!

You walk in there...and it SMELLS like In-N-Out...you can even order In-N-Out style (I asked for "Animal Style" and they knew what it was though they call it "stubby style".

To me the food tastes exactly the same...though my hubby doesn't think Chadder's shakes are as good...

But for those of us up north, it's definitely worth a visit!

I'm sure we'll definitely visit the real thing when we're down in St. George though!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Rick, In n Out is a family owned restaurant, there are no franchises and hopefully will never be...the quality is the same from location to location. wow I can almost taste that double double animal style right now..

IN-N-OUT Burger

IN-N-OUT Burger
It's true..family-owned and an amazing company...they were a client at the ad agency I worked for years ago and we always wondered why they advertised...it's always packed at In-N-Out...

It's a Christian company (did you ever notice the scripture references on the bottom of the cups and fry dishes?) and they really work hard on maintaining each worker's "clean-cut" appearance.

Because of their image, they would never franchise.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 AM

Thanks, I'm gonna check them out tomorrow. =)

Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
The knock off in Salt Lake WAS sued by In n out, as they should have been. In n out has worked for like 60 years to maintain and improve their brand and then the knock off shows up...I guess flattery is the kindest compliment? I don't know the result of what happened up there, could probably google it.

I am so ready for a good cheeseburger I could taste it now...now if we could find a great pastrami like the Hat....then I might be ok, lol!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 AM

Here's some info about the lawsuit...

Deseret Morning News | In-N-Out wins one over Chadders

Chadders had to change some of their decor since even the colors were similar to INO.

BUT they're still in operation and business seems to be booming - it IS always crowded in there too.

I had no idea that INO trademarked the terms "animal style" and "protein style" especially since they're not printed on the menu anywhere.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 PM

I decided to check out Chadders today. It still looks just like In N Out, IMO. Pretty darn good. The menu, workers uni's, everything, even the wrappers for the food & boxes they are served in, look so like In N Out. I do feel bad for In N Out w/ copycats, but, if they'd just come up here, they wouldn't have to have copycats. Plus, not really sure it hurts INO's business, since they're not close. Unless people think they are related. I understand now that they can't come to SLC because of the 500 mile limit, but, that doesn't make me not want to eat the burgers. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah