Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:56 PM

72 posts, read 117,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
People hardly ever recognize themselves in these situations.

Annoying, but so predictable that you learn to just consider the source and move on.
How about instead of throwing digs at people you address the content of my posts instead? That would be fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 09:34 PM

28,088 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCards View Post
How about instead of throwing digs at people you address the content of my posts instead? That would be fantastic.
So why should I care what you think would be fantastic? I was commenting on two posts with which I agreed. That's entirely permissible under the forum rules. You apparently got the drift of my post, so as far as I'm concerned, mission accomplished.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So why should I care what you think would be fantastic? I was commenting on two posts with which I agreed. That's entirely permissible under the forum rules. You apparently got the drift of my post, so as far as I'm concerned, mission accomplished.
I am merely trying to have a conversation. You and others apparently don't want that, you just want an echo chamber of rah rah cheerleading. Yep I did get the drift, instead of discussing the posts you made a passive aggressive(typical) dig at the poster. Apparently that was your sole intent, not to discuss anything but to throw jabs. Sad.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:01 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,754,932 times
some of these locals do get a bit testy about the brethren

Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 PM

58 posts, read 103,348 times
OK friends, let's stay focused. This thread is about future growth. If we look at an economy as economists do, "culture" doesn't exisit; economic models are based on indivuals making rational, self interested decisions to consume goods and buy or sell labor. Utah Valley needs to bring bigger, better employers to town so there is more wealth to spread around. They can do this by investing in infrastucture and making a concerted effort to market the benefits of the "silicon slopes". Fortunately they already have some of the best high-speed internet in the country with Google Fiber and competitors, but I don't know that this story is being told often or loud enough. It is encouraging to see local, home-grown companies like Vivint make it big. More of those guys would be great, but Utah Valley needs to bring established companies into the valley, after first deciding what industries to target. Health care, high tech, education, and financial services would be my recommendations. The high tech cluster is already happening around Lehi. Think North Carolina sytle "research triangle" with BYU and UVU being located near each other. The university of utah is building a first-of-a-kind massive incubator that will help transition innovation from the university to the marketplace. BYU and UVU should collaborate to do something even bigger and better.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
some of these locals do get a bit testy about the brethren
So it would seem...

Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,754,932 times
Please don't bring "Vivant" into this discussion as a credible company. What I happen to KNOW about them and feel regarding their business practices I can't even repeat here or I'd be banned. They have more law suits against them in this country and are banned in more states than I can count. Let's bring REAL companies into this state, that pay more than a barely living wage, offer some benefits and treat people like human beings not numbers.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 PM

58 posts, read 103,348 times
Well my other choices were NuSkin or Noni Juice. Point taken that Utah Valley needs to up its game and land some better employment options.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:55 PM

No idea about Noni Juice but Nuskin is as bad as if not worse than Vivant. Of course if you do away with these low wage MLM jokes there goes 75% of Utah Counties employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah