Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 08:32 AM

41 posts, read 203,098 times

Advertisements

Well we may be moving to Utah after all. My husband flies out for a face to face interview in a couple of weeks and after that who knows. But just in case we do decide (we are both very excited about the move if we are meant to be in Utah) I have a couple of questions. I have been driving a school bus for a lot of years now (and am very good at it as well) and just was wondering if anyone knows how the school systems hire bus drivers? Do I go to the county website or are they city mandated? We will live in American Fork ( it has the BEST band program from what I have read and our son is very involved in band here). Any suggestions or info would be greatly welcomed.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 01:07 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
My sister works for the transportation department of Alpine School District, which would be the name of the school district you'd be in if you lived in American Fork. I'll call her and find out some information for you. She handles a lot of the payroll and billings for the school district busses.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:49 PM

192 posts, read 263,999 times
I live 30 miles outside of DC, and School Bus drivers here are in great demand. You start at 16 per hour, 25 hours guaranteed, and very good health insurance. Fairfax pays more. Let us know how the pay is in Utah. I've always heard horror stories about low wages.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
I live 30 miles outside of DC, and School Bus drivers here are in great demand. You start at 16 per hour, 25 hours guaranteed, and very good health insurance. Fairfax pays more. Let us know how the pay is in Utah. I've always heard horror stories about low wages.
I agree with your statement that bus drivers are in great demand. When the superintentent of schools here in Greeneville, Tn found out I was endorsed and had quite a few years experience he called and pretty much let me name my price if I would PLEASE come drive for him. LOL. I drive for a FANTASTIC system here so I am a bit spoiled. Full benefits and great hourly pay. I will miss this area as far as that goes but am excited about Utah as well. Every job has its good side along with the bad side. From what I have read the kids should at least be well behaved and actually have parental guidance so that WILL make my job easier!!!!!!! I'll let ya know how Utah goes.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
My sister works for the transportation department of Alpine School District, which would be the name of the school district you'd be in if you lived in American Fork. I'll call her and find out some information for you. She handles a lot of the payroll and billings for the school district busses.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!! That would be great!!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
Default Alpine School District Bus Driver

Click here then click on "classified postings" under the "job categories" header. Scroll down to job listing number 20 "School bus operator."

Good luck!

Oh, here's the main website in case you need it.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:23 PM

494 posts, read 1,897,789 times
Default Marching Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by east_tennessee_family View Post
Well we may be moving to Utah after all. My husband flies out for a face to face interview in a couple of weeks and after that who knows. But just in case we do decide (we are both very excited about the move if we are meant to be in Utah) I have a couple of questions. I have been driving a school bus for a lot of years now (and am very good at it as well) and just was wondering if anyone knows how the school systems hire bus drivers? Do I go to the county website or are they city mandated? We will live in American Fork ( it has the BEST band program from what I have read and our son is very involved in band here). Any suggestions or info would be greatly welcomed.
Thanks
American Fork is the top-rated band and also the largest band in the state. In high school, I would have given a limb to be a part of their band!! Your son is going to love it and is very lucky.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 AM

7 posts, read 82,481 times
Timpview High School in Provo which is only about 15 minutes from American Fork has an incredible band as well. Nationally ranked as well. Just fyi.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:12 PM

Thanks so much for the info you guys.....Can't wait to get to Utah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah