Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 06:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times

Advertisements

What parts of Utah are in need of primary care providers?

Specifically, the SLC area and cities both north and south are off the table.

Otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 11:07 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

Otherwise?
How far north and how far south of SLC aren't options?

What specialties?

American or FMG/5th pathway trained?

Visa or waiver needs or not?

MSR

Old 07-04-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
How far north and how far south of SLC aren't options?

What specialties?

American or FMG/5th pathway trained?

Visa or waiver needs or not?

MSR
What's that have to do with the questions?

Nothing south of Tremonton and nothing north of, say, Nephi. If we moved to Utah it would not be because we want to live in a city!

Old 07-04-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
What's that have to do with the questions?

Nothing south of Tremonton and nothing north of, say, Nephi. If we moved to Utah it would not be because we want to live in a city!
Trying to help. Most people say thank you.

I'll let you learn on your own what specialties of PCP medicine are needed where. Different hospitals will or won't look at candidates with J-1 or were trained via 5th pathway.

Good luck in your search.

MSR

Old 07-05-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Trying to help. Most people say thank you.

I'll let you learn on your own what specialties of PCP medicine are needed where. Different hospitals will or won't look at candidates with J-1 or were trained via 5th pathway.

Good luck in your search.

MSR
I see. I still don't see what it matters. Needs are needs, and that what the question was about. They don't change because you assume the question is about a job search and you're trying to filter people.

(The reason I didn't answer, is that neither applies, and it's not relevant. I'm looking for what areas have need, it has nothing to do with a job search. Not every PCP wants to be someone else's employee...)

Old 07-05-2015, 09:44 PM

BTW, one of the reasons I have no interest whatsoever in the SLC region is the inversions that occur. I've experienced them before (yes, in SLC) and would want to avoid them.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I see. I still don't see what it matters. Needs are needs, and that what the question was about. They don't change because you assume the question is about a job search and you're trying to filter people.

(The reason I didn't answer, is that neither applies, and it's not relevant. I'm looking for what areas have need, it has nothing to do with a job search. Not every PCP wants to be someone else's employee...)
Very true.

Again, good luck in your search for the facts about Rural UT healthcare.

MSR

Old 07-06-2015, 11:27 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Rural UT folks can be clannish. If you are too different from them, they will go elsewhere. Not trying to slam, but just a fact of life. Smokers and tattooxample.s are avoided. Well, TBH, I would never go toctor who smokes. Not saying you belong in either category, just giving you an example.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-06-2015 at 05:34 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 11:44 AM

543 posts, read 1,382,026 times
Quote:

Otherwise?
Utah outside of SLC and St. George is largely rural so I don't think you'll have any issues finding something anywhere outside of those two area (docs aren't exactly clamoring to live in rural areas). Even in those two areas primary care physicians that I know aren't having issues with finding positions.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezman View Post
Utah outside of SLC and St. George is largely rural so I don't think you'll have any issues finding something anywhere outside of those two area (docs aren't exactly clamoring to live in rural areas). Even in those two areas primary care physicians that I know aren't having issues with finding positions.
mezman,

Where were the doctors you know, who practice in rural settings, trained? Did any complete their medical education and residency outside the U.S. or a foreign country other than U.K. or Canada? Are all U. S. residents or are some here on Visas etc.?

Those are pertinent questions for every hospital system in rural UT and the answers are different based on the hospitals. Those were the questions I initially asked the OP in an abbreviated version insiders would understand. You can see how the OP answered me.

The OP does make a valid point s/he could open an office without hospital privileges or coverage. It's nice someone is apparently so wealthy and altruistic that s/he is willing to be on-call 24 hrs./day for patients 365 days/ year. Moving to a different state with limited to no knowledge of how rural healthcare in UT is delivered is a lofty goal. Opening an office with medical equipment is expensive. Most doctors and other clinicians want a salary guarantee. The OP apparently doesn't as s/he doesn't want hospital privileges and responsibilities from the post about not wanting to work for someone else.

Given those constraints and more, do you think finding a rural community would be as easy as what your friends had as options?

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: