Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 7,982 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We recently received an offer for a job out in Tooele, Utah. We were very excited about it, until we read that the schools were "rough" and a lot of children were "home schooled." If you would please take a moment and let us know where the best school districts are around that area (Grantsville, Erda, Vernon, etc.) Thank you very much in advance.

james
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 01:03 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
Well, in Tooele County there is only one school district (tooele county school district), but generally there is open enrollment in any school that you choose within the district, unless that school is filled to capacity, then you might not be able to attend the school of your choice unless you reside within the school boundaries. I live in Tooele County (Stansbury Park), and I do not feel that any of the schools are "rough". What grades will you be needing? I also do not think that "most" of the kids are homeschooled. As a matter of fact, with as many kids as there are in both my daughter's classes, I would strongly disagree with that statement.

Some schools are newer, some are older, and for the most part, I think they all have pretty great teachers. Do you know where you would be looking to move, specifically?

I LOVE living in Tooele County and if there is anything specific I could help you with, let me know.

Welcome to Utah!

Last edited by kaytidid; 01-25-2008 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,982 times
Thank you so much for your quick reply! Are daughter is only 3 now, but in no time short she'll be in school. I have read that Tooele was a great family city, but then I read this forum and a few people were commenting on the school system in a negative way. We, as with all parents, care deeply about our daughter and certainly would not want to put her into a position that would make life any harder. We are looking at either Stansbury Park , Grantsville, or Erda. Thank you, again, so much for your reply. It for sure lifted a burden off our shoulders!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:44 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
Of course, I am partial to Stansbury. It is growing by leaps and bounds, but is still a very family friendly community. We relocated here from the East coast 14 years ago and I knew before we even left Jersey that Stansbury was where I wanted to be. I was right on the money! My daughters are in second and fifth grade right now and they love school.

Stansbury has two elementary schools and a high school that is being built right now. That is scheduled to open in 2009, I believe. Erda students are bussed to Stansbury schools.

Grantsville is also a nice little town. It has more of a rural setting, whereas Stansbury is more of a suburb. They have one elementary school for first through third grades, and another for fourth through sixth grades. They also have a Jr. High and High school right in Grantsville.

When do you plan on moving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah