Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 03:34 PM

13 posts, read 51,402 times

Advertisements

hi

i was wondering if you know of any apartments that accept sex offenders in ogden? and jobs as well. my boyfriend has a couple people staying with him and one of them is a sex offender... he and his girlfriend need their own place.

the guy also needs a job. his girlfriend is on disability. she has a service dog.

they're currently staying at some shelter, but her service dog had some kind of issue with another dog or something and has to wear a muzzle while at the shelter, so now they're staying the night pretty much every night at my boyfriend's place and it's driving me nuts. not to sound heartless or anything, but after 2 weeks of them living in his apartment 24/7, having my boyfriend drive them around like they're Miss Daisy and whatnot... plus now having them stay the night every night... is just grating on my nerves.

anyone know of any places where sex offenders can get help finding work or housing? they have no car or anything, either... just basically having my boyfriend take them around everywhere they need to go... and the lady is a diabetic that doesn't monitor her diet, so she's always having to go to the hospital at 2 am. lol if they could find a place near a hospital, that'd be fantastic.

any help getting them out on their own would be greatly appreciated. the lady's service dog is a small dog.. he's like... a chihuahua dachshund mix... in case of breed restrictions and weight limits.

thank you for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 11:31 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,733 times
I was under the assumption that a genuine service dog, complete with certified training, certainly would have no issues being around other dogs.

I can certainly understand why you would want them out. It sounds like they would need some good luck and a prayer. I think most complexes run background checks, let alone having to qualify with their income. I think your best bet would be to check KSL and see if you could find a private landlord that might be willing to rent to them.

As far as employment, I would have him check the Department of Workforce Services. There are quite a few companies that hire people with felonies.

Housing and Jobs for Felons in Utah | Felonopportunities.com

Old 10-30-2015, 07:24 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,810,038 times
Ogden is in Region II of AP&P - which tracks and monitors sex offenders in Davis County. The sex offender can contact AP&P agents to get information on placement options available.

Bill

Old 10-30-2015, 12:50 PM

Thank you! The service dog is a genuine service dog. He's really docile. I don't know exactly what happened, just that the shelter is making the dog wear a muzzle. He's never had any issues before.

Bill, I don't know what region ii of AP&P means, can you please clarify? And if possible, do you have a location or number of agents he can contact? I appreciate your help.

Kaytidid - thank you. I will give them those links you gave me.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:43 PM

AP&P = Adult Probation and Parole. They're the primary agency tracking sex offenders and maintaining the registry. The number is listed. You'll need to ask to speak with an agent handling a sex offender caseload. If they can't give you the info you need, they should be able to refer you to someone who will.

Bill

Old 10-31-2015, 10:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
AP&P = Adult Probation and Parole. They're the primary agency tracking sex offenders and maintaining the registry. The number is listed. You'll need to ask to speak with an agent handling a sex offender caseload. If they can't give you the info you need, they should be able to refer you to someone who will.

Bill
I'm not positive an AP&P officer can speak to a non-family member about much except to report a violation. But, AP&P may still listen even if they can't comment.

Having worked a fair amount of years with many AP & P officers, I know they will require the male mentioned to be employed. There are other things too, but I'll skip them here.

AP&P will want to know your connection to this person. Did your boyfriend have AP&P approve his residence for the sex offender and girlfriend? If not, AP&P needs to know he's there. Are they related?

I'd be thinking where his disabled girlfriend will live, should AP&P decide the man needs a different setting, like a halfway house etc. His girlfriend will have to live somewhere different. Be thinking about who she knows etc. I'd encourage you to call AP&P on Monday morning.

The local number in Ogden is 801-626-3700. I don't think you need to tell everyone your plan. If everything is cool, no problem. If AP&P requires other things, no reason you should break the news. The male signed papers agreeing to what he would do. If he isn't following that agreement, AP&P will want to know.

Good luck!

MSR

Old 11-01-2015, 07:27 AM

MSR - I'm not assuming the sex offender is on paper. That's why I suggested the inquiry of AP&P staff - it's simply for program information - not case specifics. If the sex offender is on paper they'll have an assigned agent and will already have been given directives and program information.

Bill

Last edited by UTES; 11-01-2015 at 07:49 AM..

Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
MSR - I'm not assuming the sex offender is on paper. That's why I suggested the inquiry of AP&P staff - it's simply for program information - not case specifics. If the sex offender is on paper they'll have an assigned agent and will already have been given directives and program information.

Bill
Bill,

Thanks for the clarification. It seems to me either way the OP is best served calling AP&P, as both you and I suggested. I would guess we agree about much more than we differ. Those details weren't stated. Still, I find not many voluntarily call someone a *sex offender* unless some agency or other has assigned that description.

OP - please call AP&P tomorrow. Your life won't improve, nor your boyfriend's, until there is a different resolution to the current living arrangement.

MSR

Old 11-01-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Bill,

Thanks for the clarification.
And, thank you for the good advice you've given to people in this thread and others. I don't think we've differed at all. My post merely was for clarification, as noted.

Bill

Old 11-02-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'm not positive an AP&P officer can speak to a non-family member about much except to report a violation. But, AP&P may still listen even if they can't comment.

Having worked a fair amount of years with many AP & P officers, I know they will require the male mentioned to be employed. There are other things too, but I'll skip them here.

AP&P will want to know your connection to this person. Did your boyfriend have AP&P approve his residence for the sex offender and girlfriend? If not, AP&P needs to know he's there. Are they related?

I'd be thinking where his disabled girlfriend will live, should AP&P decide the man needs a different setting, like a halfway house etc. His girlfriend will have to live somewhere different. Be thinking about who she knows etc. I'd encourage you to call AP&P on Monday morning.

The local number in Ogden is 801-626-3700. I don't think you need to tell everyone your plan. If everything is cool, no problem. If AP&P requires other things, no reason you should break the news. The male signed papers agreeing to what he would do. If he isn't following that agreement, AP&P will want to know.

Good luck!

MSR
Thank you to Bill and MSR

Q: Did AP & P approve my boyfriend's residence for the sex offender and his girlfriend?
A: No. The sex offender just asked if he could crash with my boyfriend for "a few days"... And ended up usurping his apartment, making himself quite at home... Even moving in his own furniture and making my boyfriend completely rearrange his apartment.. Putting most of his things in his bedroom.... lol

Q: Are they related?
A: God, no. They met at work, but the offender has since quit working at that place.

Q: Regarding where the girlfriend would live:
A: The girlfriend doesn't know anyone. She JUST moved to Ogden from Oregon to be with her boyfriend. The first week she arrived, he left his residence, because his roommate and him weren't getting along... Within the following couple weeks, he quit his job... They stayed at a hotel for about a week before they ran out of money and moved in with my boyfriend for 2 weeks (all his apartments allow)... Now they come over almost every night, but stay at a shelter during the day. She has no friends. No family and knows no one, except my boyfriend... And he can't have roommates, and also that's unacceptable to me. lol Sorry, but nope. Probably the only people that know her are the hospital staff that treat her every few days, because she always has to go to the ER for something, because she never watches her diet.

Obviously I'm very frustrated. lol

----

I'll call the place. I also gave my bf the information... I looked up the location and sent him the link that kaytidid linked me & told him to FWD them to the offender....

Also, yes, he's on paper as a sex offender. That's why he can't find a place to live or work. He's having issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: