Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:27 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times

Advertisements

There is also the 84120 zip code. You will find some run down areas but there are some very nice areas. The area that i live in has only had one murder and it was 27 years ago. There were some break ins a few years ago but not now so it pretty quiet now. There was a house around the corner that sold for $400,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 PM

378 posts, read 1,906,122 times
I live in 84109 East Milcreek and I'm one of those biased people you were warned about earlier in this thread lol. I'm very partial to the Eastside, but I prefer the proximity to the Univ of Utah and established neighborhoods / trees. That doesn't mean we are safe from crime. My neighbors just have different brands of stuff to steal lol. There seems to be less violent crime on the Eastside, but we've had several cars stolen / broken into in the night.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 PM

12 posts, read 55,209 times
I was raised in West Valley zip code 84119 and it was a wonderful. There are nice areas and questionable areas in every city. Last year I read in the Salt Lake Tribune that the most crime in the city occurred close to 3500 South. We lived in a well-kept neighborhood in a modest 70's rambler. My parents still live there. The city does a lot of things right. The school district (Granite) is well established and strong. It does a good job educating the kids. I taught E.S.L. for Granite and had the opportunity to see numerous elementary schools in the district. I would send my child to any of the schools that I taught in. The city does a great job in road care. They clean the streets frequently in the summer and keep it plowed in the winter. They even the do all of the neighborhoods, which beats the heck out of where I live now. There is an east side west side rivalry as you have noticed on this site. The majority of it is pure snobbery. The east side is perceived to be more affluent. But growing up we left our doors unlocked, kids played outside and there wasn't a crime problem in our area. My friend who lived on the eastside had huge problems with petty crime like car stereo burglaries and we never did. It has changed a bit with the older people moving to retirement communities and new residents moving in, but my parent’s neighborhood is still a great, safe place to live. So just look around and get as much information as possible. The whole state of Utah eastside and westside has a meth problem so make sure to check that a potential home has not been contaminated. ksl.com has a complete list of previous meth properties and I highly advise that you check into that before buying any home anywhere. ksl.com "Former Meth houses declared safe may not be" Debbie Dujanovic reporting. Look for the link for the list of properties. I hope this info helps you in your decision.

Last edited by Char in West Jordan; 05-23-2007 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah