Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 03:58 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times

Advertisements

I didn't think Provo was known for low rent. Too many BYU students looking to rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 06:55 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,668,283 times
Logan.

Cheap rent. Plenty of odd-ball work centered around the university culture. Virtually zero crime. Also, ever-so-slightly-less Mormon than Provo and home to a university gaining a reputation for associating with a significant number of high-profile Mormon-apostates

Old 12-12-2016, 08:35 PM

272 posts, read 270,767 times
Utah county should be fine, there's a couple call centers and tech companies out there where you can work from home. In regards to the Mormon issues, who cares? Unless you're anti-semitic, it shouldn't really matter.

I love Utah County, it's clean, the people are nice, FrontRunner goes that way, it's close to mountain recreation, there's nearby BLM land (I'm an avid shooter), some offroad recreation area at 5 mile pass, great fishing at Utah Lake & Deer Creek, the tap water tastes better, housing costs are low, and it's not too far from Salt Lake. Did I mention that I'm not Caucasian and an Atheist?

Old 12-13-2016, 07:26 AM

914 posts, read 973,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomofo View Post
Utah county should be fine, there's a couple call centers and tech companies out there where you can work from home. In regards to the Mormon issues, who cares? Unless you're anti-semitic, it shouldn't really matter.

I love Utah County, it's clean, the people are nice, FrontRunner goes that way, it's close to mountain recreation, there's nearby BLM land (I'm an avid shooter), some offroad recreation area at 5 mile pass, great fishing at Utah Lake & Deer Creek, the tap water tastes better, housing costs are low, and it's not too far from Salt Lake. Did I mention that I'm not Caucasian and an Atheist?
Sorry to be pedantic but anti semitic has nothing to do with Mormons, wrong faith lol

Old 12-13-2016, 08:59 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
Sorry to be pedantic but anti semitic has nothing to do with Mormons, wrong faith lol
Hilarious! You picked up on one of the biggest bloopers I've seen in years. I didn't even catch that.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:36 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,668,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hilarious! You picked up on one of the biggest bloopers I've seen in years. I didn't even catch that.
We prefer Anti-Zionitic

(Actually the term I typically hear is Anti-Mormon, but I loathe that term because it has so often been used to describe pretty much anyone or anything that has the slightest different interpretation of Mormonism than the correlated canon.)

Old 12-20-2016, 04:17 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,886,165 times
From an outsider who grew up in Utah...

If I didn't live in Colorado Springs, I'd relocate back to metro SLC as fast as possible. Colorado has changed so much, that outside The Springs it seems like a different country. Yeah, I'm 61 years old and getting cranky now, but I couldn't take the LA, SF and Chicago hipsters that have infested Denver.

I find Mormons to be just like any other folks. No mystery to me. Some good, some not. But overall, I find LDS morals in line with mine. I love Utah and always will.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:35 AM

101 posts, read 159,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
From an outsider who grew up in Utah...

If I didn't live in Colorado Springs, I'd relocate back to metro SLC as fast as possible. Colorado has changed so much, that outside The Springs it seems like a different country. Yeah, I'm 61 years old and getting cranky now, but I couldn't take the LA, SF and Chicago hipsters that have infested Denver.
Very true, sadly. I lived in CO for +15 years and saw it changed as mostly a live and let live/moderate environment politically to exactly as you described it. Denver and Boulder (Boulder was always nuts) kept attracting big government leftists and....CO is what it is today!

Oh, what am I saying. I was told in another thread that Dems don't try to change the politics of the states they move to after screwing up and fleeing from their former states like Kalifornia. Silly me. That's just a conspiracy theory.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,033,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Cobb View Post
Very true, sadly. I lived in CO for +15 years and saw it changed as mostly a live and let live/moderate environment politically to exactly as you described it. Denver and Boulder (Boulder was always nuts) kept attracting big government leftists and....CO is what it is today!

Oh, what am I saying. I was told in another thread that Dems don't try to change the politics of the states they move to after screwing up and fleeing from their former states like Kalifornia. Silly me. That's just a conspiracy theory.
Nope, not a conspiracy theory at all. The Dems DO move to other states where they try to bring a more enlightened view to the less evolved. I moved from NY to UT for other reasons but I see this as big bonus.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:54 PM

388 posts, read 549,138 times
"they try to bring a more enlightened view to the less evolved."

One can only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah