Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 05:49 AM

16 posts, read 30,063 times

Advertisements

Edit: sorry for typo in the title, seems I cant edit it? At least not while on mobile.

I have been here about 2 weeks and am currently renting a house in a small town outside of Logan.

So far I have been loving it. I am originally from Ohio and for some reason, the winter temperatures here feel warmer than the same temps in ohio, like I can go outside and feel comfortable without a jacket when its 26 degrees out in certain conditions, I never would have been able to do that in Ohio.

People have been very friendly especially my neighbor. Hes great. Snow removal has been quick and effecient, I was surprised being 20 miles from Logan that it would get cleared this quickly. Love seeing the mountains covered in snow, they are always beautiful but with snow, even more so.

Do you guys have any recommendations for banks around here? I used a regional bank out in Ohio and liked it.

Between Brigham City and Logan, which city do you prefer?

Do you have any advice, recommendations, life tips, etc haha? Its just my and my fiance out here now but We are very happy so far (we are in the honeymoon period though :P)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 08:26 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,277,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzii View Post
Edit: sorry for typo in the title, seems I cant edit it? At least not while on mobile.

I have been here about 2 weeks and am currently renting a house in a small town outside of Logan.

So far I have been loving it. I am originally from Ohio and for some reason, the winter temperatures here feel warmer than the same temps in ohio, like I can go outside and feel comfortable without a jacket when its 26 degrees out in certain conditions, I never would have been able to do that in Ohio.

People have been very friendly especially my neighbor. Hes great. Snow removal has been quick and effecient, I was surprised being 20 miles from Logan that it would get cleared this quickly. Love seeing the mountains covered in snow, they are always beautiful but with snow, even more so.

Do you guys have any recommendations for banks around here? I used a regional bank out in Ohio and liked it.

Between Brigham City and Logan, which city do you prefer?

Do you have any advice, recommendations, life tips, etc haha? Its just my and my fiance out here now but We are very happy so far (we are in the honeymoon period though :P)
1. Zion's Bank. Its local to Utah. However, the advantage is you can find branches all over the state.

2. Logan. Its bigger. It has a university. More businesses. More to do.

3. In the summer, picnic in Logan Canyon. Also drive over the mountains to Bear Lake and spend a day driving around the lake enjoying its beauty. Consider some of the hikes in Logan Canyon. If you haven't tried it go up to USU in Logan and get ice cream at the Aggy Ice Cream Store on campus. If you want to try snow skiing this winter, go up Logan Canyon to Beaver Mountain Ski Resort. Other than fact that it is one of the coldest places in the state, Logan is a fine place to live.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:48 PM

246 posts, read 320,099 times
Less humidity and probably less wind. The lower humidity makes freezing temperatures less bitter and northern Utah is almost always below 35%.

January, however, you can look for an average low of about 11F in January. Logan Canyon can hit negative double digits.

On 1000 West is Gossner's cheese factory. You can pick up cheese a lot cheaper if you don't mind it being is nice square bricks. North of Logan, you can find the Pepperidge Farms factory and Lowery's in Richmond.

In the summer, drive up to Garden City and Bear Lake.

In the summer, south of Brigham City, on Highway 89 are the cities of Willard and Perry. They are great for finding fruit and vegetable stands.

Personally, I'd pick Brigham City. The inversions will be lesser, the cold will be lesser, and I have too many redneck cousins in Cache County. My ancestry traces to several of the original pioneer families, so I'm probably related by blood or marriage to most of the County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah