U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 AM

239 posts, read 870,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipit View Post
Would anyone happen to know of a surveying company that would service the area around beryl. I need the corners marked on two adjoining lots (approx 5 acres) in valley of vision 1 subdivision. thanks
I used this company and was pleased.
Home Page
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe--h View Post
Before you drill, you might want to look into the date of your water right & maybe talk to the state water office in Cedar.
The water rights in the Beryl area may be retracted as there is not as much water being replenished as is being pumped. If your water right is dated after (I think) 1940 there is a good chance it may be rescinded at some point.
Anzalone wells is a good honest company, they show up when they say they will & do what they say they will.
Here is the latest on the water right issue.
Beryl/Enterprise Ground Water Managment Plan

Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 PM

24 posts, read 81,787 times
Additionally, the State Engineer, Jerry Olds, has announced his retirement. Of course, no mention was made of issues relating to the Beryl/Enterprise Ground Water Management Plan.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:30 AM

281 posts, read 1,114,847 times
I think there are no more issues. That clown was given a 3 million dollar budget to figure a way to conserve water that he had no idea if it needed conservation. It was a 8 month nightmare that apparently ended when the money did.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:17 PM

24 posts, read 81,787 times
Aerorick, I agree. We attended several of the meetings, and talk about folks who had an agenda! They couldn't listen, for fear the facts would get in the way of "their plan". Thankfully our legislators found a way to restrict his budget to where he could do nothing on the "plan" at all.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby04 View Post
I used this company and was pleased.
Home Page
thanks for the input. I tried one company and sent them what they requested, and never got a reply back. thanks again

Old 02-02-2009, 03:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,592 times
Hello, I am new to the Beryl area as well. I just purchased a little over 4 acres. I do have to ask, does anyone know what are those huge green circles I am seeing on maps such as googlemaps?
Thanks

Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 PM

Those are hayfields.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:09 PM

6 posts, read 13,592 times
Thanks for the reply. Ive been asking around turns out they are alfalfa fields or in other words like you said hayfields. Does somebody own and run these fields or are they just there? Excuse my ignorance, I just never saw or heard of such a thing. Is it bad to have your property near the hayfields?
Thanks

Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 PM

A little history, many years ago the government sold land very cheap in the valley to men coming home from the war. They farmed beets, potatoes and hay using ditch irrigation. These men started families and expanded their farms. Now most of the pivots are owned by a few of the original families turned corporations. The hay is either baled or cubed for delivery. Most of the cubed hay is presold and shipped to China. A lot of the bales go to California. There is still a few potato fields, all shipped to Idaho! My husband worked on one of the local farms for 12 years and I worked during harvest. Very interesting, hard wok and fun!
It is an expensive operation to run.
As to living next to one, I wish I did! Lots of wildlife, green, sprinklers, very pretty. The hay is harvested 3 or 4 times a year, there will be trucks and tractors around. I love to go for walks around the pivots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah