U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:38 PM

6 posts, read 13,592 times

Advertisements

Wow that is very interesting! I had no idea my property came with so much history!! Would you or anyone know what is the going price to sell land in that area that is 4.32 acres? I'm starting to think that I got more than I can hold on too. Maybe selling my land would be the best route.
Ps. thank you again for all the info!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 05:34 PM

239 posts, read 870,585 times
With no water, 500 to 5,000 dollars an acre. depends on road access and power. You will see ads for prices all over the place, I just sold 20 acres for 10,000.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 AM

281 posts, read 1,114,847 times
dg0628 Toby's right. A lot depends on whether there's a powerline running close by and if there's direct access to an "improved" road. The short dirt road we have to use to get to our property from the county road gets so wickedly swampy after a good rain and when the snow melts that we bought an older Chevy 4x4 just to be able to get out. What do you mean "more than you can hold on to"? We have twenty acres and although I'll never have the money to do what I'd like to it's fun to dream. Runway, driving range, 1/4 mile go-kart track, four acre pond with a three story high slide etc. But in the meantime you don't have to do anything to the land. It pretty much takes care of itself.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Thank you guys for all the info!! Aerorick, I meant that I didn't know a lot of work would needed to be done to get the property up and running like getting water rights, connecting power and so on. Yah a go-kart track and a pond sound real nice. Who knows maybe one day your dreams might come true!!!
For now, I am thinking of selling this land!!! Would you know of any buyers?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 AM

281 posts, read 1,114,847 times
dg0628, you can go online to the Utah gov. site and look up your property for water right info. I would also look at your county regulations in regard to zoning for a residence. In a lot of unincorporated areas you need a minimum of 5 acres for a house. Your local power company can probably give you an idea of what it would take to hang a transformer and string a line. That info isn't to difficult to acquire and certainly would have a huge bearing on the value of the land.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Thank you very much!!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,376 times
Default 2.5 years - no posts!!!

So... I'm checking out the Internet for information about the Beryl area and I find the most recent post here is two and a half years ago!!

What's been happening??
I'm flying into Las Vegas and driving to Cedar City (only motel that I could find anywhere near!) and then planning to visit the 300 acres (1/2 section) that has been in my family since my great-grandfather bought it - deed signed by Woodrow Wilson!! West of Beryl - in the middle of nowhere!! (Even on Google-Earth it looks barren!!)

I alread know what to expect - miles of almost nothing but sand and brush. But then again, being a long way from everything may not be too bad in the future!!!

Yes, there is a water right, so I need to look into getting a well down and making other arrangements before I get serious about local residence.

I'll be looking to meet folks in the 'valley' that are doing well on thier property, with garden, animals, etc.

Post away - I'm hopeful of meeting some good folks wile I am there.

Best regaards,
Charles

Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 PM

So did you already come and go? I have not checked in for a while.
Beryl Junction has not changed much, unless you have been leasing out your water rights or somehow proved up on them, I doubt you still own them, the state will take them back if not put to beneficial use.
Let me know if you have any questions, and I'd be happy to give you a tour.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,376 times
Default Thanks!!

toby04,
Thanks for the post. I fly to Las Vegas on Monday morning 8/22/11. I'll be renting a car and we will be staying in St. George for two nights. I will be going to Cedar City the next day and to the property as well - if I can find it!! I'll be bringing my GPS, so it will be a lot easier for me to find it now than it was for for my Mother about 50 years ago!! (I think they asked a resident about 5 miles from the place and then smply went out in the desert and looked around!) I hope to do a bit better - if the rental car is up to the challenge.

I appreciate your offer of information. Thanks again,
Charles

Old 08-20-2011, 09:08 PM

I sent you my email, send me what info you have on the location and I'll see where it is at. GPS may not help much out here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah