Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 05:10 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yeah, well Romney has pretty much proven that he's not a stupid man. Again, he's just someone you don't like, so why don't you just move on to your next insulting adjective. But please do us the favor of using a word that you can at least provide some supporting evidence for. By the way, I didn't vote for Romney, but that doesn't change the fact that I admire his decision not to ignore his conscience.
I actually voted for him, yeah if he runs again, he needs to change party. He is stupid in political games. So much for saying he is proven not to be stupid.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:12 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
And, why do you think you are smarter than Romney? I do not not know what you have accomplished, Romney's accomplishments speak for themselves and hardly need your vote of confidence.

Here is a rare act of acting on a conscience from a politician (of either stripe) and I could not applaud it loudly enough!

Don't know what informs your opinion other than your politics. There is no case for suggesting hatred - the man votes 80% with Trump and wishes him an electoral victory in November. His rationale is much more solid than the tortured arguments from the other side. Romney's response needed courage and conscience. The Republican party hasn't any of that left.

His only crime is to act as a honest juror in this trial and fulfill his oath of office. Unfortunately, he will have to face the lynching party for this crime - of which you are simply the advance wave. Hopefully, the voters in Utah will have his back, as it is us that he represents.
Did I say I’m smarter then Romney. I’m smart enough to know this is a game that Dems are playing.
He has been criticizing Trump since day one.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:50 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,221,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Did I say I’m smarter then Romney. I’m smart enough to know this is a game that Dems are playing.
Just may be not smart enough to know where you might be wrong. Democrats did not get on the phone to Zelinsky asking for a political favor to subvert the next presidential election. The democrats did not undermine a sitting US ambassador listening to a couple of Ukrainians indicted by his own justice department. There were republican senators other than Romney who could not deny that what Trump did was wrong. The list goes on...

Blame it on the democrats out of your blind partisanship, but don’t claim how smart you are at seeing the game... It’s utterly unconvincing.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:11 PM

28,093 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Blame it on the democrats out of your blind partisanship, but don’t claim how smart you are at seeing the game... It’s utterly unconvincing.
Boy, you can say that again!

Old 02-05-2020, 06:28 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Quote:
The things he criticized trump on were well warranted and trump should have been. That is one thing... voting for more witnesses is also totally appropriate. To vote to impeach the president when said evidence isn’t presented is a whole new line crossed. I’m not sure what happens to the guy but he will be disavowed within hours party.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:45 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,221,686 times
You seem to suggest that being disavowed by the party is the worst thing that can happen to a man. Listen to his very sincere speech. It brought tears to his and my eyes watching this good man struggle to meet the demands of his conscience, his duty to his religion, country and God. This was a good man fearful of the judgment from God and history rather than political retribution (which he was not inviting but aware that it is coming his way).

The political punditry on these forums is cheap and there is enough of it. Watch the full video of his speech and then decide what you think. I gained an enormous respect for the man. A profile in courage and a role model.

Last edited by kavm; 02-05-2020 at 07:11 PM..

Old 02-05-2020, 11:59 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:

I have never been so proud of a senator in my life.

Perhaps, the criticism of Trump is on point.

Old 02-06-2020, 05:16 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Romney is an embarrassment to Utah.
Mitt the flip RINO

Old 02-06-2020, 09:24 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times
Quote:
He’s an idiot that’s why he lost in 2012.

He didn't lose in 2012 because he's an idiot, he lost because he has the personality of a block of wood.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:46 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
He didn't lose in 2012 because he's an idiot, he lost because he has the personality of a block of wood.
Yep he's an idiot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah