U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 04:39 PM

191 posts, read 79,770 times

Advertisements

According to Merriam-Webster a moron is a very stupid person whereas a Mormon is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2020, 05:31 PM

3,757 posts, read 1,731,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Not even the best skiing in the world? Or our five amazing national parks? You've got to get out here sometime, Paraguanero.
Utah is great. Not denying it. But the question is stereotypes, no? When people think of great skiing, they generally think Colorado, even though Utah is better in the end. Of course, I'm neither a skiing nor a mountain kind of guy, so this doesn't appeal to me regardless.

Old 11-29-2020, 12:45 PM

4,253 posts, read 1,660,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
According to Merriam-Webster a moron is a very stupid person whereas a Mormon is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Typo. My apologies.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:39 PM

338 posts, read 199,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
From someone who is from out of state, I would say the stereotypes are the following:

1) Mormons
2) White people
3) Skiing
4) Mountains and natural beauty
I had to chuckle at this. Yes, those are all definitely true, haha.

*Although purely anecdotally, it seems that pretty much everyone I know here who skis is a transplant, and pretty much everyone I know who is a native, does not. YMMV.

Old 11-30-2020, 10:42 PM

7,623 posts, read 5,319,425 times
Nobody has mentioned “The Morman 500”? (Reference to the fast drivers). However the truth is non Mormans also speed! But, more seriously, many don’t realize that Salt Lake City is actually a liberal city surrounded by conservative cities. A closer look will reveal a high birth rate, but also high migration from other western States, mostly California.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I'm hoping that last statement was a typo.
I just realized that I wrote "moron" instead of "Mormon". Yes, that was absolutely a typo. I certainly dont view Mormons as morons. That would make my family get togethers tough because Ive got quite a few Mormons in my family. They actually converted from Islam to Mormonism.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:02 AM

24,100 posts, read 24,548,277 times
Quote:
I just realized that I wrote "moron" instead of "Mormon". Yes, that was absolutely a typo. I certainly dont view Mormons as morons.
I'd already decided not to let it upset me, but hearing that is a relief.

Quote:
That would make my family get togethers tough because Ive got quite a few Mormons in my family. They actually converted from Islam to Mormonism.
Really? Now that's unusual!

Old 12-04-2020, 03:36 PM

191 posts, read 79,770 times
1) Mormons
2) White people
3) Skiing
4) Mountains and natural beauty

White people comprise less than 10% of the world's population but you can still find pockets of them here and there.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Really? Now that's unusual!
My family is from Lebanon. My grandparents converted when they got to California and then when my great-grandparents moved, they also converted. My mother was raised in LDS, but converted to Protestant Christianity before I was born. But her brother is still a Mormon and has 11 kids. Of them, 5 are still Mormon, 4 converted to Protestant Christianity, and 2 are atheist. I was never involved in LDS, but Im involved with the Temple of Satan (but you dont hear that everyday!).

Old 12-04-2020, 04:52 PM

24,100 posts, read 24,548,277 times
Quote:
I was never involved in LDS, but Im involved with the Temple of Satan (but you dont hear that everyday!).
Uh... no you certainly don't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah