Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM

54 posts, read 302,045 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone that can give me information about Mountain Green, Utah (climate, population, atmosphere, housing, etc.)? I tried to research it online but was not able to find much information on it, even on city-data.com.

Thank you very much for any information, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 07:52 AM

56 posts, read 213,088 times
Default Do you mean Fountain green utah????Mountain sounds way better though...

By Nephi? If thats what your asking about I can I drive through there thousands of time every summer. It has some GREAT rock climbing right next to town!!!! (in the winter you have ice climbing there too) It's super small (farmers world). Real estate is dirt cheap there. theres bigger towns close though so if you needed a larger amenity thats not a problem.
It gets to be at least in the 90's in the summer. Snow in the winter. it is a little higher elevation than SLC. If your into the outdoors you'll love it.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:02 AM

610 posts, read 3,318,852 times
Mountain Green is a tiny town up Weber Canyon (I-84) from Ogden ... well, south Ogden really. It's on the north side before you get to Morgan. Mountain Green has a convenience-store/gas station. It's pretty - the road north goes over the mountain to Huntsville - but the road peaks at about 9000 ft. Huntsville is nice too - but again, not self-supporting amenity-wise. Morgan is on the south side of I-84, has a hot-springs/campground/steakhouse and again, you've got to go to Ogden to buy groceries, shop, etc. The railroad follows that canyon too. Horse-country.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 AM

54 posts, read 302,045 times
Default Cities near by

Thanks for both of your responses. It sounds really pretty.
I had some more questions on the responses that I was hoping you could help me with or answer...

-So Morgan and Ogden - are the cities near by?
-Is Mountain Green basically a drive through town that you pass through on the way to the surrounding cities?
-How is Morgan and Ogden?
-We are looking for a nice small green town with lots of outdoorsey stuff (camping, fishing, etc.) and home with at least .5 acre of land of nice view - maybe out in the country.

The reason I asked about Mountain Green is because there was a job that we were really interested in applying for. We are looking to relocate and are considering a few locations. We live in Arizona not to far away. I don't know if they would be willing to consider a non-local though.

Thanks for any help or advice on this.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:28 AM

610 posts, read 3,318,852 times
A job in Mountain Green?? Really?? I really need to take a drive down there - something has changed! Up the canyon on I-84 from South Ogden about 10 miles is Mountain Green. Another few miles (7?) is Morgan. Mountain Green is about a 3 mile strip akin to a frontage-road with just a couple of residence roads above that. Morgan looks like it could be a town ... but is lacking the basics. Like camping and hiking? You're looking at the right area and almost anyplace within 300 miles or so. There's a trail-ride up one of the forks of the Weber over in the Huntsville area (also called Ogden Valley) every year. In addition to the horses, you'll want 4wheelers too - and snowmobiles - and wave-runners.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 42,350 times
Mountain Green is a very beautiful place, I've always wanted to move there. I have horses and love the outskirts of all of the cities. It is not too far to do any shopping, the only thing is in the winters, the roads could be a callenge (just because you are up in the canyon). The house pricing there has increased alot. I remember when it was just a few farm houses there and now alot of people are moving that way (to get out of the city). From what I hear it that that area could be our next Park City! There is plenty of outdoor activites (hunting, fishing, camping, boating) that is not far from there at all. There is a resevoir just over the next canyon. There is the Weber river that runs down the canyon itself (I see many people tubing that river as well as fishing all the time). It's more of a farming type community right now but I think after time it will grow into more (investment type potential). I am sure that that will be quite a few years down the road.
Good luck!

Old 02-03-2007, 08:42 PM

15 posts, read 72,936 times
Sounds wonderful to me! Can anyone tell me about any schools in the area? I work for my local school system in Georgia and would like to know if there would be a place I could apply for a job. I'm a cafeteria manager, not a teacher, so I don't know if this would be a possiblity. Does anyone have any pictures they could post? Thanks a bunch!

Old 02-26-2007, 07:11 AM

3 posts, read 17,375 times
Thumbs up Mt. Green is DIVINE!

If this small town community sounds good to you, you'll want to check out www.cottonwoodsmg.com. The site is a development that is in the 2nd phase of 9. I'm currently helping people get financing to build in this development and I drive up there all the time. The scenery is breathtaking and it's really not terribly far from a lot of shopping. Riverdale is about 10 minutes down the canyon and has everything you need...Target, Sam's Club, Home Depot, etc. It's definately a place worth moving to if you like fishing, skiing/snowboarding, camping, hiking, horseback riding. It also has a small airport to attract anyone who likes to fly.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:20 AM

7 posts, read 32,670 times
Mountain Green is great and so is Peterson, its neighbor. There is a lot going on in these rural communities as they change. Snowbasin ski resort sits no more than 8 minutes up the road from the main interesection. Mountain Green has a gas station, a bank, etc. Small for sure, but a lot of new developments are going in and I suspect infrastructure will follow. The Weber River runs right by it although if you want to be on the water or closer Peterson or Morgan might be a better bet. Tons of trail access especially in the Snowbasin area and over toward Huntsville. Although I live about 15 minutes away in Huntsville, I do know people in Mountain Green if you would like a reference.
Best of Luck...
B

Old 03-03-2008, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 11,934 times
Smile Mountain Green,Ut info.

Hello- I live here in Mountain Green, Ut. It is in the mountains, it is colder than on the valley, even the summer is a lot cooler. There is no inversion, the air is clean and clear. It is a small town, everyone knows who you are, if you choose to go out in public. I like to keep to myself. There are a lot of new homes being built and for sale. Beautiful homes that range from the upper 300,000 and up. There is only 1 gas station and no grocery stores. I believe I heard one is coming. It is very close to Snow Basin Ski resort. I can see the cats grooming the mountain at night from my driveway. My kids love watching them. There is hiking, fishing, mountain biking, all within walking distance. Then there is the amazing skiing/snowboarding in the winter. Snow Basin has a lot of fun activities in the fall, and into the winter. You can ride the gondolas up and have dinners on the mountain. They have a fabulous Halloween Party up at Snow Basin that you cant miss! This is beautiful place perfect to raise children. If you are LDS, there are many here, but you will find other religions as well, just not many other churches. You would have to drive. It is a 15-20 min. drive up and down the canyon to Ogden or Layton, Ut. Hope this helps!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: