Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 01:36 PM

234 posts, read 221,010 times

Advertisements

https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...pen-strip.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 06:12 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,064,837 times
I had a similar thought - if your family says a prayer before Thanksgiving Dinner, can't it be considered to be a "religious gathering" (i.e., "church"), and therefore exempt from the state decrees?

However, in light that the Supreme Court just struck down Covid-based prohibitions on religious gatherings, I guess it's a moot point.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:38 PM

565 posts, read 470,434 times
Yup.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:45 PM

37 posts, read 34,729 times
Wherever I am is a Church.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:31 PM

Or do like the NY restaurant did and call it a protest. Of the devil.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:48 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,774,520 times
In the past couple of weeks, I've been hearing about so many infected people whom I know. My husband's workman (got it at a small family dinner - but 3 households - Thanksgiving weekend). My son's teaching assistant at SLCC. Now my son (he didn't get it from her, hadn't seen her in over a month). None of these people were in high risk essential occupations, nor did they attend large gatherings. My point is, if there were ever a time to hunker down and stay away from people outside your immediate household, this is it.

So stop thinking about how to skirt public health regulations, and start thinking about how to protect yourself and your loved ones from infection. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The vaccine is starting to be distributed. This will hopefully be over and done with by summer. It's just a little longer. Get an attitude readjustment from "How dare anyone try to restrict my movements/social interaction" to "I've got to be extra careful so I don't get/spread/have severe consequences from/die from this virus."

Old 12-14-2020, 11:38 AM

455 posts, read 388,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
In the past couple of weeks, I've been hearing about so many infected people whom I know. My husband's workman (got it at a small family dinner - but 3 households - Thanksgiving weekend). My son's teaching assistant at SLCC. Now my son (he didn't get it from her, hadn't seen her in over a month). None of these people were in high risk essential occupations, nor did they attend large gatherings. My point is, if there were ever a time to hunker down and stay away from people outside your immediate household, this is it.

So stop thinking about how to skirt public health regulations, and start thinking about how to protect yourself and your loved ones from infection. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The vaccine is starting to be distributed. This will hopefully be over and done with by summer. It's just a little longer. Get an attitude readjustment from "How dare anyone try to restrict my movements/social interaction" to "I've got to be extra careful so I don't get/spread/have severe consequences from/die from this virus."
DITTO!! We stayed away from the family for thanksgiving and thankfully so because 10 out of the 11 who were there came down with the big C. I could care less about rules, laws, or my "rights", I only care about common sense so I don't get sick or make anyone sick. If people would use common sense this would have gotten this far and because folks will continue not to use common sense, it's just gonna get worse over the next year.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:05 PM

Glad to hear you avoided it.

One doctor though, had some good advice... he said to make sure the vaccination facility you choose has resuscitation equipment in case you get the post-injection shock.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:44 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ut new View Post
Glad to hear you avoided it.

One doctor though, had some good advice... he said to make sure the vaccination facility you choose has resuscitation equipment in case you get the post-injection shock.
If the place you are getting injections does not have epipens, you are probably in a heroin den, not a medical facility.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:59 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post

How dare you try and say my beliefs, which are different than yours, are incorrect! If you are hiding in the house then how is my being out and about affecting you? I can get out and enjoy life and still remain safe. Yea, not as safe as hiding in a house with locked doors and shotguns loaded. But safe enough to enjoy my life and do pretty much what I want too. All of life is a gamble, and life is nothing more than a trip to death.
So get over it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah