Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 10:27 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times

Advertisements

Perfection IMO.. I'd prefer to be in Heber but that is just my preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 09:09 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,031,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papad622 View Post
Biggest concern will be wealthy 1% yuppies that drive Subaru outback’s and tuck their skinny jeans into their Sorrell Boots, yelling at the baristas in Starbucks because their pumpkin spice latte isn’t “non-GMO”
OK, close enough to make your point. Still, the Subaru yuppies are on the Wasatch Front. In PC they drive Porsche Cayennes and Mercedes G-class.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:05 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
I decided to make Park City my new home. I absolutely love it, the town area is charming, there's a Whole Foods close by, considerable outdoor activities, very close to SLC and its airport, and the area is just strikingly beautiful. It will be a nice change of scenery (and climate) for me.

But is there anything I need to be concerned about?
Wild fires?
Crime?
?
Moved from Beverly Hills to Park City, and then comes here to ask if they should be concerned about something after the fact? LOL

Old 09-25-2021, 05:44 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Moved from Beverly Hills to Park City, and then comes here to ask if they should be concerned about something after the fact? LOL
I haven't moved there yet.
I was hoping a Park City resident or two would chime in, just in case there were any issues only local residents would be aware of, but it doesn't seem like it.

I think I'm making a great decision.

Old 09-25-2021, 01:16 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
I guess that's pretty much me, except I avoid Starbucks and hit up local cafes instead, and rather than yelling at the Baristas I leave them $100 tips.
With your attitude, I'm sure you'll be very popular in Park City. There's nothing wrong with being wealthy, and the rich certainly don't have a monopoly on being rude. Enjoy your new home.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:44 PM

994 posts, read 967,458 times
I've been looking for a sugar momma in a town like Park City. Not sure how old you are. I'm 32 .

Old 09-26-2021, 04:03 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
I've been looking for a sugar momma in a town like Park City. Not sure how old you are. I'm 32 .
Vikings might make a good sugar daddy, but he'd probably not qualify as a sugar momma.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:36 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,645,454 times
Quote:
I haven't moved there yet.
I was hoping a Park City resident or two would chime in, just in case there were any issues only local residents would be aware of, but it doesn't seem like it.

I think I'm making a great decision.
I live in Deer Valley (Park City). What, specifically, would you like to know?

Traffic and parking are a couple of major concerns. Housing for employees in the service sector is a community issue, but one without a solution. There is a big difference from living inside Park City proper compared to living in Snyderville Basin/Kimball Junction (unincorporated Summit County). If you're going to the airport in the morning, it can add an extra half hour to the trip.

The development plans for the broader area east of I-40 will add many tens-of-thousands of cars & people, all of whom will wish to partake of skiing at Deer Valley & PCMR (including Canyons). This will overload the system. Everyone agrees to that, but there is no regional plan to address it - indeed, currently The County and the municipality of Park City cannot even agree to bus schedules & routes, so there are two separate & independent bus systems that - surprise - don't coordinate.

Restaurant food in Park City is only so-so. Think 4-star prices with 2-star quality.

The other big issue is transplants from out-of-state. Migration always changes the quality of life.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:48 AM

46 posts, read 54,830 times

Old 09-27-2021, 02:09 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I live in Deer Valley (Park City). What, specifically, would you like to know?

Traffic and parking are a couple of major concerns. Housing for employees in the service sector is a community issue, but one without a solution. There is a big difference from living inside Park City proper compared to living in Snyderville Basin/Kimball Junction (unincorporated Summit County). If you're going to the airport in the morning, it can add an extra half hour to the trip.

The development plans for the broader area east of I-40 will add many tens-of-thousands of cars & people, all of whom will wish to partake of skiing at Deer Valley & PCMR (including Canyons). This will overload the system. Everyone agrees to that, but there is no regional plan to address it - indeed, currently The County and the municipality of Park City cannot even agree to bus schedules & routes, so there are two separate & independent bus systems that - surprise - don't coordinate.

Restaurant food in Park City is only so-so. Think 4-star prices with 2-star quality.

The other big issue is transplants from out-of-state. Migration always changes the quality of life.
Its kind of ironic to say this really. If I remember correctly, you are a transplant to Park City too?

I'm old enough to remember what Park City used to be like before all the development took place. I remember Jeremy Ranch when it was a modest size development. I remember the area before the Jordanelle Dam and Reservoir were created. I remember it before Deer Valley was built and all the rich people moved into the McMansions there.

I preferred it the way it used to be.

One thing I do hopes stays the same though are voting patterns in Park City and Summit County. Its one of a handful of democratic voting areas in the state.

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 09-28-2021 at 11:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah