Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 AM

546 posts, read 2,195,971 times

Advertisements

any of you who relocate to Utah ever experience missing your family from your previous state? I feel so bad taking my son away from his grandparents, including my mother in law, the grandparents are SO...sad. I know a lot of people experience relocation, but how do you and especially your children cope with leaving their grandparents? GP are getting older day by day, I'm even starting to think that this is a mistake moving away? I used to not want to live close to my mother in law, not liking the way she cared for my son and the hurtful words that she says to me at times, but now that we're leaving, I'm actually crying for not being able to have my son see her. anyone of you actually moved back home or regret relocation due to missing your parents or feeling lonely as a smaller family after relocation? any stories to share will be very appreciated!

Last edited by hueimo; 05-21-2008 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 06:48 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,129,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueimo View Post
any of you who relocate to Utah ever experience missing your family from your previous state? I feel so bad taking my son away from his grandparents, including my mother in law, the grandparents are SO...sad. I know a lot of people experience relocation, but how do you and especially your children cope with leaving their grandparents? GP are getting older day by day, I'm even starting to think that this is a mistake moving away? I used to not want to live close to my mother in law, not liking the way she cared for my son and the hurtful words that she says to me at times, but now that we're leaving, I'm actually crying for not being able to have my son see her. anyone of you actually moved back home or regret relocation due to missing your parents or feeling lonely as a smaller family after relocation? any stories to share will be very appreciated!
Hi hueimo! I totally feel for you. I moved here to Utah from Canada 8 years ago to get married and now have 2 kids and one on the way. It has been and still is very hard to be away from their GP, especially since my husbands's dad (mom passed away) is non existant in our kids lives (which is fine with me but I won't go there ) My parents (divorced and remarried) do visit once in awhile, my mom about twice a year. I think you really need to decide what is best for you and your son. You two are family. Even though the GP are very dear they really are only extended family. You can still visit afterall, and there are advantages to visiting when you live a long ways away. For instance my mom stays with us when she visits which is great for the kids cause they get to see her first thing in the morning (and same thing when we go up there). I don't know what your situation is, why you chose to move here or anything but if you did it must have been a pretty carefully thought out decision. Just do some real soul searching about what makes you and your son happiest. I mean (definately not saying your parents aren't important) but you need to think of your son. I hope that makes sense. What I'm kinda saying is for me my heart breaks that my kids don't have their GP here but what do they want? what is best for them? You get my meaning. Sometimes I think we think that what we want is what our kids would want. Anyways I'm kinda rambling here but just do what makes you and your son happiest. I wish you the best of luck. God Bless! Feel free to DM me anytime if you ever wanna talk to someone who understands what you're going through.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:21 PM

546 posts, read 2,195,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Hi hueimo! I totally feel for you. I moved here to Utah from Canada 8 years ago to get married and now have 2 kids and one on the way. It has been and still is very hard to be away from their GP, especially since my husbands's dad (mom passed away) is non existant in our kids lives (which is fine with me but I won't go there ) My parents (divorced and remarried) do visit once in awhile, my mom about twice a year. I think you really need to decide what is best for you and your son. You two are family. Even though the GP are very dear they really are only extended family. You can still visit afterall, and there are advantages to visiting when you live a long ways away. For instance my mom stays with us when she visits which is great for the kids cause they get to see her first thing in the morning (and same thing when we go up there). I don't know what your situation is, why you chose to move here or anything but if you did it must have been a pretty carefully thought out decision. Just do some real soul searching about what makes you and your son happiest. I mean (definately not saying your parents aren't important) but you need to think of your son. I hope that makes sense. What I'm kinda saying is for me my heart breaks that my kids don't have their GP here but what do they want? what is best for them? You get my meaning. Sometimes I think we think that what we want is what our kids would want. Anyways I'm kinda rambling here but just do what makes you and your son happiest. I wish you the best of luck. God Bless! Feel free to DM me anytime if you ever wanna talk to someone who understands what you're going through.
thanks for your support, will DM you soon!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah