Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 AM

9 posts, read 67,850 times

Advertisements

Hi!! I will be moving to Vernal for my job. (Yes, I was assigned to move there.) But, it is very hard find a place to live. It is so expensive to move out there! I have to move middle of the Feb. and I desparate to have a place to live. Do you know anyone who can help me to find a place to live? (or do you know how can I get a place to live without costing so much!!)

Please let me know.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 12:26 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,567 times
Boy I don't know. I was doing some wage market research for my job and wages and prices have really gone up there. Even fast food workers are getting $9-$10 an hour. Houses unfortunately too. It's all being driven by the resurrgent energy industry there. They are taking available workers and driving up the cost of housing and wages.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:14 AM

Thank you so much, coolcat! I know it isn't easy to find a place now.

But, anyone who can give me any advice, I would appreciate more than anything! Please someone, tell me bit about Vernal!

Thanks and have a great day

Old 01-10-2007, 12:13 AM

If anyone can help me with info for aparments in Vernal, I do appreciate it.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 AM

66 posts, read 489,183 times
try realtor.com and then call a realtor they have rentals. if they don't they sure can steer you in the right direction. also try the city of commerce in vernal.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:42 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,523,773 times
Realtors can be strange. When my wife and I were looking for a rental to live in while we built our home, the realtor told us she didn't know about any and stated rentals were very difficult to find. I went online and found the webpage of the local paper. There were rentals galore. I had a rental with a month-to-month agreement in less than 30-minutes. I could have had a week-to-week, if I had so desired. So—don’t believe realtors are the last word. The local fish wrap can be very handy.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:59 PM

thank you so much for your advice. I will keep looking for place to live.
It has been really tough to find a place.
I have looked up their local paper called basinnickelads.com but i haven't found much of info. By the time, I called, it was already taken.

Anyway, if any of you find some info for renting 2 bedroom apt, please let me know.

Thank you very much!

Old 01-22-2007, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 23,110 times
Default apartments in Vernal

I know it's really diffucult to find a rental in Vernal. Be sure to check the apartments first and see the conditions they are in. Many rentals are quite old and lack basic maintenance. Some are really scary places, especially if you're planning on living with your family/kids. On the other hand, there are lots of new apartments/duplexes being built at the moment so you may be lucky and get one of these (even though they are quite expensive!)
Here are some useful phone numbers:
Rose Park appartments: 435-789-5450, I think you have to qualify based on income to rent here.
Quail Hollow Appt: 789-1342
Ashley Valley Appts: 789-8882
Basin Best Appts: 789-8426, these own several complexes...
Also make sure you check the ads in the local newspaper Vernal Express, and in Basin Nickel Ads (http://www.basinnickelads.com/)
good luck!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 13,810 times
Try Roosevelt, its only a half hour away by car.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 14,612 times
Hello. I found a job in Veranal Utah too and I'm having a bit of trouble finding a place online before moving up there. If you could give me some tips on how to move up there that would be great if you had time.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: