Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:41 PM

378 posts, read 1,903,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcatholicfamily View Post
Excuse me, Elder Shawn, but I believe your bigotry is showing. Not ALL Muslims and Catholics are bad? Gee, thanks, I think. As recent as a few years ago, Utah had the nation's highest sexual abuse rate against children.
I'm sorry that you see the glass half empty. Please provide a source if you are making claims. Are you insinuating that Mormon people sexually abuse their children more than anyone else in the United States? Please educate us all. Playing close attention to your monkier...other assumptions could be made...maybe we should take a closer look at other religious leaders and their tendencies to sexually assault children at an alarming rate.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,009 times
We all have our issues to deal with, don't we? NO ONEis immune.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:27 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,521,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcatholicfamily View Post
Excuse me, Elder Shawn, but I believe your bigotry is showing. Not ALL Muslims and Catholics are bad? Gee, thanks, I think. As recent as a few years ago, Utah had the nation's highest sexual abuse rate against children.
Am I missing something here, or did you just have a complete break with the English language and logic? Shawn wrote the following, which I copied from your own post:

“Using your logic all Muslims are suicide bombers and all Catholics are child molesters.”

Shawn made no condemning statement; he simply provided an example of absurd reasoning. Perhaps you should consider a course in critical thinking.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 PM

378 posts, read 1,903,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
Am I missing something here, or did you just have a complete break with the English language and logic? Shawn wrote the following, which I copied from your own post:

“Using your logic all Muslims are suicide bombers and all Catholics are child molesters.”

Shawn made no condemning statement; he simply provided an example of absurd reasoning. Perhaps you should consider a course in critical thinking.
I noticed the same thing lol. It's cool people will read what they want to....that's why message boards are kinda messed up...they lack body language.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:38 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,412,115 times
Please get back on subject. The subject is about the Church.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:57 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,722,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Please get back on subject. The subject is about the Church.
Actually, I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. It's gotten quite long and unweildy. Anyone's free to start a similar topic in a new thread though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah