Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 AM

242 posts, read 854,788 times

Advertisements

My car needs some serious maintenance. I need the breaks looked at as soon as possible. The thing is, I live in Tooele and commute so Salt Lake every day and that leaves me no time to bring my car in. Does anyone know of a place that is open on Saturdays in Tooele that won't charge me a small fortune? I might be able to do it during the week in Salt Lake but I'm also in the process of moving to Salt Lake and I need my car to do that.

I really have no idea where to go. The whole word of mouth thing here at work isn't working out because apparently they never get their cars fixed. I'm from a town of 6,000 people, there were all of 3 mechanics. You just chose one and stuck with them for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 PM

421 posts, read 1,742,529 times
You could look for a place like Pep Boys or another chain that does Saturdays. Or you could have a colleague follow you to the car place during the week, then drop you at a rental place, and just use a rental til your car is fixed.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:41 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,058,305 times
I don't know what kind of car you have or how old it is but I know where I used to live, a lot of the dealers would have loaner cars available if you called far enough in advance to reserve one even if you didn't buy it there.

Yes, it costs a bit more to have work done at a dealer but sometimes --depending on the make-- dealers know the car more intricately and know how to diagnose problems faster because they are so familiar with that type of car.

Even if they don't have free loaners, most dealers will have rental cars that they can rent to you for a lower charge while the work is being done. That way, you can drop the car off in the morning, go to work, and possibly pick it up that afternoon on your way home.

Don't let bad brakes go too long! Even if you have to pay more doing it the way I just described, sometimes it's worth the peace of mind to have it done correctly and efficiently by a dealer. Call a few that deal in your make of car to see what information you can find.

Good luck.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 PM

242 posts, read 854,788 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I can't afford to rent a car if it will take several days to get fixed. I'm in the process of moving and all of my money is going to that. My coworker said he could look at it sometime next week so I think I'll wait. I know he can do it a lot cheaper than any auto place can. Plus I won't have a commute anymore as of Sunday. I can just walk to work.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 AM

6 posts, read 32,193 times
There are ussually mobile mechanics that can help you.Make sure the mechanic is at least ASE certified has insurance and is licensed just in case.That way you should be getting a professional person.Do not go with the cheapest one just to save. If anyone needs more info <Moderator Cut -- Send Direct Message instead>

Regards
Pedro.

Last edited by coolcats; 08-19-2008 at 09:20 AM..

Old 08-19-2008, 11:05 AM

273 posts, read 1,247,663 times
Try Les Schwab (my choice) or Goodyear. Both are located in Tooele and will be open on Saturdays. A complete brake rebuild on both axles should only take a couple of hours. They should have set prices for brake jobs and can quote them for you on the phone. They will also warranty their work.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:18 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,978,198 times
I am almost positive that Tunex is open on Saturday's too. Just noticed that the OP is very old. Oh well. Info is the same in case anyone else is interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: