Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:41 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFrench View Post
What do you know of Davis county?
I first started looking at Bountiful, West Bountiful, and Centerville. Still undecided - guess I would want to find a job first and then locate a home closer to work.
My wife is more concerned about the LDS attitudes towards outsiders than I am.
I am mostly looking forward to the four seasons, as I have lived all of my life near New Orleans, LA and the last two years just outside of Tampa, FL.
I am tired of the heat, humidity, and especially the hurricanes. Made it through Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and do not look forward to any others.
Also, how would you rate the commute to SLC from the north and/or the south?
Bountiful is nice....kind of land locked. Layton is my favorite, its north of Bountiful, very pretty and still close enough to Salt Lake (25 min)

Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 AM

401 posts, read 855,231 times
I really do appreciate all of the comments. I hope to be able to convence my wife, but I think I will need to take her and the boys to Utah for a vacation and let her see first hand how beautiful the place is. I just hope when we go that we run into a lot of nice people to let her see first hand that there are nice people and there are jerks wherever you go.
I am open to all comments and concerns about moving to Utah, so please keep'em coming!!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 PM

Very little humidity in Utah. I think on average 15 percent. You would like that coming from a place that is humid. I moved to a state that has it and I can hardly handle it. 76 percent humidity today, yet it was only 89 degrees.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 PM

17 posts, read 79,371 times
You may want to explore the option of Park City and her neighboring communities. Park City has a large, Catholic community as well as a great church. Park City is considered to be more liberal than SLC. The commute is quite reasonable - My husband commutes to the SLC airport daily. Plus, Park City's altitude is high enough to be out of the inversion pollution. Many of my husband's co-worker's live South of SLC and North of SLC. It takes them more time to commute to SLC airport from Ogden and Bountiful [North] and Sandy and Draper [South] than it does from Park City. The thing about Park City and the commute to SLC is that you just have to plan for the snow when you live in or near Park City [proper vehicle and appropriate snow tires]. For what it's worth...

Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM

401 posts, read 855,231 times
From what I hear about Park City, I do not think we could afford a house there.
Also, we have never driven in the snow or on icy roads so Park City may not be an option.
Do the roads in and around SLC get iced over?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,206 times
Honestly, Salt Lake doesn't get too much ice. Mostly snow and the plows are usually pretty good with keeping up with it. I am from NJ and you want to talk about ice? Man...ice storms like no other in the winters.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:38 PM

595 posts, read 2,742,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
As mentioned before, there are 4 seasons but winter is long then finally spring comes (very short) all of a sudden it's hot, then when you hope for fall to come it does but it soon turns to cold. I have seen snow as early as October in northern Utah. My favorite seasons have always been fall and spring and maybe that was because i didn't get enough of them
How short are the falls in Utah? Do you still get to expirience all the pretty trees turning colors?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:57 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,206 times
Oh yeah! It is the prettiest week in Utah!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,925,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
How short are the falls in Utah? Do you still get to expirience all the pretty trees turning colors?
It definitely varies by year, but in the valley itself, October is quite colorful. Actually that's my favorite month of the year here. Great temps, mountains usually have a dusting of snow up top, deep blue skies - it's beautiful and fantastic. But some years, we get barely a glimpse of fall then it snows. In the mountains, the colors usually change during the middle part of Sept. with snow by the end of Sept. not uncommon.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
It definitely varies by year, but in the valley itself, October is quite colorful. Actually that's my favorite month of the year here. Great temps, mountains usually have a dusting of snow up top, deep blue skies - it's beautiful and fantastic. But some years, we get barely a glimpse of fall then it snows. In the mountains, the colors usually change during the middle part of Sept. with snow by the end of Sept. not uncommon.

Exactly............fall (even as short as it is) is gorgeous, especially driving through any of the canyons. Thats why the moutains are so spectaculer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah