Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
I love reading your posts Aaron...you have such a way with words that just makes me smile!
thanks. i think that it is the self-inflicted humiliation.

when i was in high school, i could draw crowds with the stories of stupid injuries i've had. i think that was what i was known best for in school--stupid stuff, like falling off of buildings, tripping on crackers in front of girls, and walking into doors and walls.

yep, my youth was one of continual oblivion and injury.

aaron out.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:02 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
I love reading your posts Aaron...you have such a way with words that just makes me smile!
I agree. I enjoy your witty sense of humor.

I've been wondering though, where did you get your screename Aaron??

Old 02-10-2009, 03:07 PM

i wrote a short story in high school, where one of the main characters was a warrior named stycotl. he was supposed to be aztec or some other mesoamerican ehtnicity (didn't go into too many specifics). like the name, so i use it for my online handle on the net.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Cool. Puts a different pronounciation in my mind now. (probably closer to what it really sounds like) In my mind I always pronounced it like sti---col

Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
tripping on crackers in front of girls

?? crackers ?? Must have been a serious misstep...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
oh wow. I thought aarons name was Sticoti.....I have been pronouncing it wrong.
I hope all the weather is better there........we are having a lightening, thunder, tornado warning etc. I hate it when it rains here. I probably won't get across our creek in the morning

Old 02-11-2009, 07:30 AM

So what is everyone up to today? Aaron what are you taking in school? (I'm sure you've answered that before somewher)

Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
Get me back to Utah, I don't like the Oklahoma weather. A tornado passed through to the west of us by Oklahoma City. Luckily it went south west of us. We are about two hours from where it hit. Our property is flooded and our driving bridge is to, so I am stranded at home and can't get to work. Thank goodness I have the internet!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM

as far as my handle, i've been pronouncing it as: sty-caught-el

whether or not that would actually be correct in a mesoamerican language, i have no clue.

tornadoes: i want to see some!

crackers? maybe i owe you guys some stories.

classes: today i am sitting in my intercultural communications class. yes, i'm forum-ing while i'm in class, but i actually am participating. just two seconds ago, we finished a class-sized argument that i started about alternative text for blind people on websites. i can't multitask very well, but i can switch gears quickly; read and write for ten seconds, then listen to the discussion and comment.

ok, story coming...

i think it was my sophmore year in high school. i tossed my books on my desk after lunch, and walked out into the hall to get a drink of water. down the hall, i saw rachel, a gorgeous girl that i really liked from my phys ed class (yeah, we had coed p.e. classes; it was heaven). she was walking toward me, so of course i puffed out my chest, threw my shoulders back, and tried to look confident.

suddenly i was staring at the ceiling, completely horizontal in the air, my legs flailing about somewhere above the plane of my head. i remember seeing it in slow motion and wondering how the heck i was suddenly floating in the air. then i hit the ground.

as i lay there, confused, still kind of stunned (hit my head pretty hard), rachel walked past laughing. after a few seconds, i sat up and tried to find the cause of my fall: broken crackers were scattered all over the floor there, and i had walked right into the midst of them.

i never did talk to rachel again after that. too embarrasing and i was a self-conscious teen.

aaron out.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 AM

LOL that's hillarious!! I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time though.

So what is your major or are you just taking general classes?

Rae: that's kinda scary having a tornado so close. a little cozy being stranded at home though (in a weird way) Well not if it lasts too long right. Utah wants you back too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah