Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 10:12 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone...where has this summer gone?
My big news of the weekend, is I saw the American Idol concert last night in Tulsa. Adam was of course the best and carried the show in my opinion. I can't wait until he does his own tour and doesn't have to share the show.
My brother, his wife and 4 kids have been at our house for a week. They drove from Denver and my brother laid the bamboo floor and all the tile. It looks amazing. I felt bad having to leave them home and go to the concert but I had been waiting for this concert FOREVER.
Slowly but surely this house is getting updated, so we can get it done and get to Utah next year. The countdown is on 13 more months and we will be leaving the land of tornado warnings, ice storms and 104 degree weather...and the humidity. "O-O-O-klahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains..........."

Old 07-26-2009, 01:34 PM

24,460 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Congrats to Aaron and your wife. I think that was my weight when I was born.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,089 times
thanks everyone! and thanks to the mod for moving this to the chat thread. what had happened to it, by the way?

anyway, we argued it out and finally settled on a name. his first name is joel, and he has two middle names: gideon and otto. otto was my wife's maternal grandfather.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:02 PM

602 posts, read 1,872,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Hello everyone...where has this summer gone?
My big news of the weekend, is I saw the American Idol concert last night in Tulsa. Adam was of course the best and carried the show in my opinion. I can't wait until he does his own tour and doesn't have to share the show.
My brother, his wife and 4 kids have been at our house for a week. They drove from Denver and my brother laid the bamboo floor and all the tile. It looks amazing. I felt bad having to leave them home and go to the concert but I had been waiting for this concert FOREVER.
Slowly but surely this house is getting updated, so we can get it done and get to Utah next year. The countdown is on 13 more months and we will be leaving the land of tornado warnings, ice storms and 104 degree weather...and the humidity. "O-O-O-klahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains..........."
lol good for you! You'll have to post pics of the house when you're done

Old 07-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
i was gonna put this in the chat thread, but seeing as how that apparently went extinct, i guess i'll just make a general announcement.

my wife gave birth at around 0610 in the morning to a pretty hefty boy (as of yet unnamed...) after about ten hours of labor, four of which took place at timpanogos hospital in orem.

she did it 100% natural, using meditation, self hypnosis, breathing techniques, and the iron will that i admire her so much for.

this is something that she felt very passionately about (natural birth), but had some doubt as to whether she was strong enough to do it.

but she made it look easy. she was in control the entire time; the moment the baby was free, she was sitting back (perfectly lucid without the medication and anesthesia), talking about the pictures that she wanted to get, etc. now she is asleep, and i am writing one-handed to my friends here on the utah forum about how proud i am of her and the baby, while he sleeps on my left arm.

as for names, she likes some combination of samuel, gideon, or jacob. i like joel.

aaron out.

Congrats Aaron!! Can't wait to see pictures. How does your daughter like being a big sister??

Old 07-28-2009, 07:10 PM

How is Utah this lovely evening? I've been AWOL for awhile, so I thought I'd check in. We thought we had a house, but since I'm not there, I had to mail my deposit, and someone who already lives there was able to walk in to the property management office and hand them a check, so.....we lost it. I'm wondering if we're ever going to find a place we like. After that house which was immaculate and new, everything else just looks bland. The company's other rentals aren't even close to what we want and it seems like everything we like either needs to be rented before we get there, is too much money, or requires an enormous deposit. Please cross your fingers and say a little prayer for us

Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,972,575 times
I am SO SORRY! That really sucks. I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying big prayers for you!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
I am SO SORRY! That really sucks. I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying big prayers for you!
Thank you Kayti! We need all the help we can get

Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,157 times
Quote:
she did it 100% natural, using meditation, self hypnosis, breathing techniques, and the iron will that i admire her so much for.
LOL

Congrats to the both of you! I like the names.

and, interested in hearing about your paper...I used to be involved in dog rescue.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:03 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
Congrats Aaron!! Can't wait to see pictures. How does your daughter like being a big sister??
thanks. so far she likes it a lot, but it is still in the "ooh, i have a new doll!" sense. i am sure that she will get to the point where she wants to send him back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
LOL

Congrats to the both of you! I like the names.

and, interested in hearing about your paper...I used to be involved in dog rescue.
thanks. i am thinking i will post the paper (in sections) in either the dog forum or the political forum when it is done. it would fit in either, so i dunno.

i'll post the link here when i finish it.

nice to see interest in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah