Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 AM

6 posts, read 12,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
The Front Runner sounded like a good idea. I know my son used it when it first opened to get to Salt Lake and then biked the rest of the way to work. But he said they raised the price on it already...$5.00 each way..not worth it he says and says the freeways just as crowded even with Legacy.
wow! i didnt even know the "trax" train was that much! outrageous! and they want to get people out of their cars? the original idea is a good one i think..but my bro works in salt lake from ogden, and it would not be to his advantage to take the train for 5 bucks, and then transfer from bus to bus just to get to work ontime! i wonder if the train was an idea for these people who work downtown. (triad center ect)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing View Post
The freeways here didn't go though a change till the start of 1998 when the expansion started for the winter Olympics in 2002

Before that it was more hickville "stop on the road wherever you want, there's no one else on the road" mentality that's still with us today.
good point goldwing...i agree with the bad driver comment...but if youve ever been here in the winter, youll also observe these people acting like they have never seen snow before, or have forgotten it snows here every winter! lol

Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1054 View Post
wow! i didnt even know the "trax" train was that much! outrageous! and they want to get people out of their cars? the original idea is a good one i think..but my bro works in salt lake from ogden, and it would not be to his advantage to take the train for 5 bucks, and then transfer from bus to bus just to get to work ontime! i wonder if the train was an idea for these people who work downtown. (triad center ect)
Well trax is different from Front Runner. I don't think trax is that much

Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
My H takes the Frontrunner. He says in the mornings (from the earliest ones until 9 or so) by the time it get to Layton Sbound, it is already standing room only. I know that parking at the Layton Station is completely over-flowing...the surrounding businesses have got to be aggrivated. I imagine rush hour Nbound has got to be very full as well.
My son lives in Layton area and drives to the Clearfield station....tons of room at that one. He said by the time he gets to Salt Lake it's pretty crowded and he has his bike on the train too.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:43 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Well trax is different from Front Runner. I don't think trax is that much
It's getting to be. They just raised the monthly fee to 74.50!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
It's getting to be. They just raised the monthly fee to 74.50!
Oh great. I thought it was suppose to be cheaper then people driving. My son says its a toss up now, with gas prices going down a bit.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing View Post
Lets see, to hot in the summer, to cold in the winter, high altitude will stuff up your nose, tax on food, children having children, nothing to do on Sundays
To many unmarked cops cars, should I go on?
goldwing, you have this fixation with unmarked cop cars? LOL

Old 10-21-2008, 07:46 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1054 View Post
goldwing, you have this fixation with unmarked cop cars? LOL
I think it is just cops in general.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,145 times
Living in utah can be a very wonderful place to live or extremely challenging. ABsolutely beautiful mountains and tons of things to do recreationally. It is getting better all the time with the addition of new people coming here from other parts of the country. I am 35 amd have lived here my entire life. It is great for children as far as the availablility of edited movies, childrens activities, family oriented advertising, and an emphasis on modesty etc. Alcohol consumption is considered completely taboo and is only done by those with the worst moral character. Women have a very high rate of depression here due to the demands of being a stepford housewife. Being Catholic in a Mormon State, I feel I have always been an internal "outsider". If you not LDS, your neighbors will haunt you with casseroles, cookies and invites to Mormon functions in order to open that magical convert door. People here are under the impression they have to "save" anyone that isn't Mormon. If you are not Mormon it is assumed by most, that it is so because you don't want to follow the strict moral code of the Mormon church. People have a hard time believing that anyone could be happy, spiritual, moral and faithful in a religion different than thier own. I also have 2 children from mixed ethnic backgrounds and my extended family is very diverse. Hispanic and Native American. I am very concerned about the level of racial and cultural ignorance here. Non Mormon, Non-Whites have the most difficult time. I am learning this more and more. At first it may not be noticeable because people here will always smile at you. It isn't until you get racial e-mail forwards and your sweet neighbors are in private discussion that you find out the terrible nature of thier sweet spirits. Please move here. If you do not fit into the "white and delightsome" Mormon community.....the rest of us need you here.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:32 PM

421 posts, read 1,740,656 times
It's a no-win situation. If I don't talk to my non-Mormon neighbor, it's because I'm a bigot and I'm excluding them because of their religion. If I do talk to my non-Mormon neighbor (or, heaven forbid, take them a casserole when they're sick or invite them to an activity) it's because I'm a fake, and just want to convert them.

*shrug* I give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah