Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,196 times

Advertisements

They will give you 4 pre-screened car shipping companies and i think regular moving companies also. This way you aren't going in completely blind with all the garbage out there. Good Luck. --G

http://www.howtoshipmycar.com] (broken link)

Old 03-12-2008, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,154 times
Thumbs up Shipping Experience

About shipping vehicles.

I have used J.Simons Fast Vehicle Rail Transportation. I found their customer service to be extremely patient, helpful, and thorough. All my costs were up front, and there were no hidden fees.

I had a great experience, and my vehicle arrived from Vancouver to Moncton in good time.

Oh, and they are not a broker, so I saved a bunch in fees.

[url=http://www.fasttracks.net]J Simons, Fast Vehicle Rail Shipping[/url]

Last edited by Darren33; 03-12-2008 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: missed something

Old 03-12-2008, 01:45 PM

281 posts, read 1,185,054 times
I haven't had a car shipped but if I was thinking of it I'd have to compare a couple things. First would be the cost of a plane ticket, transportation to the car and the cost of driving back. And of course the time involved. Florida to Utah is at least three solid days of driving depending on where you start in Florida. Plane tickets can be very resonable if you buy in advance and aren't picky. But I guess the big question is how valuble the car is. If it's newer and you'd lose a small fortune selling it that's one thing. But if it's a $3-$4000 car then you've got to ask if it worth the thousand bucks or so it's going to take to ship it all said and done.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,134 times
Here is a link to some answers to pretty common frequently asked questions regarding international car shipping:

International Car Shipping to Europe -- FAQ (http://www.indigologistics.us/international/faq.php - broken link)

Old 05-26-2008, 10:21 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,974,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalnet View Post
Here is a link to some answers to pretty common frequently asked questions regarding international car shipping:

International Car Shipping to Europe -- FAQ (http://www.indigologistics.us/international/faq.php - broken link)
I don't think their shipping international.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,039 times
Default Das

We contacted DAS from their web site which specifically said they were not brokers, but carriers. After paying them money and waiting 3 weeks they told us they couldn't find anyone to take the shipment (translates to broker not carrier) We asked for our money back and were told it would take 2-3 weeks, after we told them that was not acceptable they said they would write the check and send it 2 day air. After 5 days we called again (they NEVER answer the phone or return your calls) they said the check had been sent out 5 days earlier by regular mail. We called again and were told it had been sent out the day before, called again and were told it had not been sent, but that it would be sent out the next day "overnight". Just talked to them and it was sent yesterday by regular mail. They have done nothing but lie to us. We still don't know if the check has really gone out. Now we have to pay the person who is bringing it out of pocket. <Removed Contact Info>

Last edited by coolcats; 07-03-2008 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Removed Contact Info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: