Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:04 PM

423 posts, read 1,532,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faststeel View Post
There's a neat "gas heat map" showing current gas prices...Utah is pretty high but not the highest...Alaska actually is (though it is not shown on this map).

USA National Gas Temperature Map

I made that clear earlyer "In the continental US" The lower 48 not HI or Alaska?

Utah has also in commom with Hawaii a food tax too

Utah truly needs a wake up call to there being full of themselfs

Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
[quote=faststeel;5189239]I thought I'd confound everyone, and list some of the best reasons for living in Utah...yeah, shocking, I know!

.3. Natural beauty - And I haven't had time to visit down south yet. The vistas from the mountains are amazing. We are still shocked everytime we drive to the canyons that they are so close to where we live.

quote]
You need to go visit south when you can. As beautiful as the canyons are in the fall..........the red rock mountain terraine in St. George will be one of your favorites too. And don't forget Lake Powell.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:17 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
I wish all of you who hate absolutely everything about anything the best of luck selling your homes and moving onto a better life.
dittoo. Complain complain...just enjoy where you live or get out of dodge (and I don't care if that has been said before lol)

Old 09-09-2008, 06:49 PM

702 posts, read 1,983,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing View Post
I think your wrong in Nothing in these complaints seems specific to SLC

Highest gas price in the Continental US
Highest use of antidepressants
Highest sexual offenders
Want more specifics?
Dont forget the #1 city for plastic surgery..

Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
I wish all of you who hate absolutely everything about anything the best of luck selling your homes and moving onto a better life.
I was smart..i didn't buy.didn't know and still dont if we are going to stay

Old 09-09-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
What do you mean? Are you talking about what they are teaching or how the students are treated.
the school system....way way behind

Old 09-09-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmejh View Post
That's a gross exaggeration. I just got out of the public school system so I should be pretty well versed in my knowledge of it. Yeah, we're horribly underfunded just because some of the revenue (*cough cough* gambling) isn't present. But I still feel I've learned well. And of course we weren't treated like it's the '50s. I mean, cmon.
um when a child comes from a state WITHOUT GAMBLING and is way advanced with another state that doesn't have gambling as well then YEAH ITS A PROBLEM.....its not a matter of underfunding..its a matter of a gazzillion kids and parents being able to sign a waiver for their child to go anywhere they want..thats a big issue..back home u could not go to a different school unless your sitter was in that district and u had to be in that county

Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 PM

I complain because I wasn't brought here because I wanted to come..this state is one i never had any desire or need to be in..like I would never visit the midwest because there is nothing there I have a desire to see..

Old 09-09-2008, 07:09 PM

34 posts, read 157,555 times
[quote=Chickrae;5199707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by faststeel View Post
I thought I'd confound everyone, and list some of the best reasons for living in Utah...yeah, shocking, I know!

.3. Natural beauty - And I haven't had time to visit down south yet. The vistas from the mountains are amazing. We are still shocked everytime we drive to the canyons that they are so close to where we live.

quote]
You need to go visit south when you can. As beautiful as the canyons are in the fall..........the red rock mountain terraine in St. George will be one of your favorites too. And don't forget Lake Powell.
Yeah, we're planning on it when we can...the fall would be a good time to visit? What would be the best itinerary to get the most out of it (we can probably spare a long weekend here and there)? Any good bed & breakfasts down there? Zion, Bryce, or Moab? Or would it be better to keep driving down to the Grand Canyon (never been there either)?

Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM

550 posts, read 2,168,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
um when a child comes from a state WITHOUT GAMBLING and is way advanced with another state that doesn't have gambling as well then YEAH ITS A PROBLEM.....its not a matter of underfunding..its a matter of a gazzillion kids and parents being able to sign a waiver for their child to go anywhere they want..thats a big issue..back home u could not go to a different school unless your sitter was in that district and u had to be in that county
Ugh, remind me you're from Maryland because I keep thinking you're from New Jersey. Anyway...

Look at it this way: Maryland has other sources of revenue that Utah will probably never have. I'm assuming you guys over there have ports and oceans and fishing, so that must bring in cash. Are there toll roads over there? By the way, there are eight states that don't allow lotteries and Maryland isn't one of them, so that's some money right there. Maryland obviously has stuff Utah doesn't in terms of getting money into the budget (all we have is Mormons, mountains, and Moab) but yeah, you just gotta look at it deeper. Of course Utah has an underfunded system; all I was saying was comparing Utah's school systems to those of the 1950s is, well in my opinion only exaggerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah