Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2008, 04:00 PM

791 posts, read 2,959,774 times

Advertisements

I am hunting for a new place to live and Cedar City is on my list.

But I have a couple of questions for the locals...........

How is the drive to the LV airport from Cedar City?

Are there many dinning and shopping (clothing) options in Cedar City?

And lastly do you like living there?

Thank you!!

Last edited by redwhiteblue; 07-28-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 06:16 PM

78 posts, read 291,476 times
Cedar was an awesome place to live. We really loved it there. As far as shopping goes there isnt really a whole whole lot, but St. George is about 45 minutes away and there is more available here. Las Vegas is a quick drive as well...probably on the under side of two hours. The only part you really have to worry about is going the the Virgin River Gorge (aka the Arizona Strip)...that can be hairy sometimes, but if you take it easy and are a conscientous driver you should be fine.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM

398 posts, read 819,217 times
There are two options for airports. One is Salt Lake City and the other is Las Vegas. No real problem getting to either one. You either go north on I-15 or go south. Summer in Vegas is hot and winter in Salt lake can bring icy roads. Which airport would mainly depend on flight times and cost of flight, and perhaps what season you are flying in.
The shopping choices are minimal. A couple of smaller chains, some boutiques downtown. and there is a Wal Mart. St George does have a number of malls with the normal chains for shopping. Dining is pretty good. Good Mexican, good steakhouse, an Applebees and some of the others near the Wal mart, some good sandwich places.
Do like living here for the most part. There are 4 seasons, none of them drastic. The atmosphere is mostly quiet and friendly. Job market is fair. Housing has come down and there are affordable stick built homes, some with acreage.
Hope your research goes well and this has helped you somewhat.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:17 AM

281 posts, read 1,185,770 times
The drive to McCarrin Airport is indeed under 2 hours from Cedar City at 120 mph. But at 75 it's about 3. I do it every week. The shopping and dining is awesome if your from Bangladesh. Other than that it's about as exciting as the Wal-Mart and Sizzler. Cedar is fine for a little town. Doesn't ask much and doesn't offer much.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:25 PM

9 posts, read 47,051 times
It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get to the LC Airport from Cedar. People might be saying 2 hours after the time change which isn't fair. If you don't get hung up in LV traffic, 2 1/2 is doable, otherwise 3 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah