Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 05:27 AM

12 posts, read 31,150 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]Hello!
I`m sorry for my English - it during studying.
We family from 5 person, live in Russia, in the city of Moscow.
All life dreamed to move to the USA, but was not neither forces, nor opportunities.
Most of all we liked state of Utah and we would like to lodge in it.
I am engaged in assembly and fine repair of computers, servers. Quickly I study new.
The wife - the bookkeeper.
Are ready to sell an apartment in Moscow and to buy the house in Utah.
Whether there are any lawful ways to get in the USA, in state of Utah?
Maybe, there are any programs on crossing?
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
Hi there,

Sounds like you guys really want to move her. I sure hope it works out for you. My husband is in computers too although not exactly what you're in. I don't think you'd have a problem as far as a job.
The biggest obstacle like you said would be coming over. It is not an easy thing to immigrate to the States as I know because I did it. You have to have a responsible sponser from here to sponser you to come over. There are many fees on both sides that need to be paid and a lot of red tape to go through getting a visa. I myself was sponsered by my now husband and received a fiancee visa. There are other types of visas so I'm not sure how your situation would go. He had to fill out much paperwork and payed at least a couple hundred dollars to the government. After many months of processing by the INS (so slow) it was my turn. I then had to fill out much paperwork, get some x-rays and see a doctor, and of course pay more money. I then had to fly out to the nearest consolute that issued fiancee visas to have an inperson interview. The whole process took about a year and a half.
Mind you this was before 9/11 so I amiagine it is even harder now to immigrate to the States. I wish you much luck with your dreams!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 AM

550 posts, read 2,168,242 times
I would see what the closest US embassy or consulate says about it, they should have all the information you need.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times
I have been helping a Russian family adjust to the USA. They moved here in September. The way they came was on a spouse and family visa, because the mother married an American. Unless you have a connection like that, it is very difficult to move to the USA. Not impossible, but difficult. In your case, you would probably have to find a job that would sponsor you, or go to a university and hope you could find a job after graduating.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:45 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,943 times
yeah, what they said. it is much easier to get in if you already have a formal education of some kind and some work experience in a competitive field. good luck.

aaron out.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 AM

Many thanks to all of you for answers!

In IT I have no education, but I have more than 7 years of the confirmed operational experience in this area.
I hope and believe, that at us all will turn out!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:20 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsaret View Post
[SIZE=2]Hello![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I`m sorry for my English - it during studying.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]We family from 5 person, live in Russia, in the city of Moscow.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]All life dreamed to move to the USA, but was not neither forces, nor opportunities.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Most of all we liked state of Utah and we would like to lodge in it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I am engaged in assembly and fine repair of computers, servers. Quickly I study new.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The wife - the bookkeeper.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Are ready to sell an apartment in Moscow and to buy the house in Utah.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Whether there are any lawful ways to get in the USA, in state of Utah?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Maybe, there are any programs on crossing?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Check out the EB-5 visa program.
Ask on ОдноклассникР.ru - Поиск одноклассникР¾Ð², однокурсников , бывших выпускников и старых друзей
Good luck!!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 AM

to impala666:

Please, retry this links - she not open.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:55 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Hello, Arsaret. I'm so happy to hear that you want to move to Utah. It's a wonderful place to live. A number of years ago, my family sponsored a family from Baku, Azerbaijan and helped them adjust to life here in the U.S. We have been close friends to them ever since. Salt Lake City is one of the few cities in the U.S. where groups assisting immigrants help them settle. There is actually a fairly good sized population of people from Russia here. There are ESL (English as a Second Language) programs in the schools and a great many opportunities for newcomers.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:18 AM

to Katzpur:

It is very glad it to hear. We have fallen in love with State Utah and very much we want to get to you.
Tell how you have helped these families? Very interestingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah