Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:48 PM

5 posts, read 23,152 times

Advertisements

UtahMtMama & Neo, thank you for your replies. I know Utah is growing, probably way too fast, and it seems to be a haven for people wanting out of crowded California. But, after talking to some missionaries in our ward from Utah, it seems like we may very well find several places were we will do well in Utah. Anyway, we will take our time and look. The Billings, Montana area is also another area we will be looking at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2006, 03:40 PM

61 posts, read 275,718 times
The economy in rural Utah is generally struggling.

One place to look at is the Sevier Valley. My grandparents live there. It is actually very beautiful, lots to do, and it's about an hour to the Manti temple. They are discovering lots of oil wells in the area! For the most part, the hush-hush prediction is a local boom in the economy - great for a carpenter! But, I would keep tabs on the local paper to follow trends, it's called the Richfield Reaper.

Other places in Utah off the top of my head: Enterprise, Parowan, Nephi, and Tremonton. I believe they are good places where moderate growth is occuring. And Vernal would be as well, I think.

- Chris

Old 08-26-2006, 09:10 PM

9 posts, read 46,234 times
Default Come to North Ogden

I was just talking with a counter/cabinet installer in my ward tonight and he's completely booked out for 8 weeks with jobs and he's working 16 hour days. The existing housing here is still very reasonable, but the new houses are more pricey. The schools are terrific, especially the high school, Weber High, but our JR and Elementary schools are great too.

If you're serious, we're getting our house ready for market soon. It's 3,000 sq feet, 6 bedrooms, 3 car garage, 1/3 acre and a wonderful ward. We live at the base of the mountains on a bench that is usually above any inversion and cooler in the summer than even 1 mile away. 15-20 minutes from the Ogden temple. 5 minutes to 2 grocery stores and 10 to Walmart. We'll be listing for around $210,000 probably in October. Even if you don't want our house, feel free to email me with any questions. We absolutely LOVE it here.

Oh, in 2008 there will be a high speed commuter train to Salt Lake. We live 10 minutes to skiing on the other side of the mountain, 30 minutes to Willard Bay and 35 to Pine View Resivoir. It's the best kept secret in Utah. Oh, and one of the lowest crime cities in the nation. My email is me@chrislemmon.com

Old 09-11-2006, 07:06 PM
CTR

1 posts, read 2,122 times
Default Ctr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corway View Post
After living 20 years in Florida, my husband and I are looking for a new place to move. My husband is self-employed in the carpentry and home improvement business. Some of the smaller towns in Utah, like Manti, Vernal and Monticello, seem inviting, but I am not sure what the employment situation is like in Utah smaller towns. We are life-long LDS converts and would like to be within an hour's drive of a Temple. We have one school-aged child and our son's family will be moving to our new area also. Can someone suggest some places for us to move to either in Utah, Colorado, Idaho or Wyoming. Thank you for your help.
I have live all my life in Utah and love it. For the past 11 years my husband and I have lived in Cedar City, Utah. This past month he was informed that he was going to be laid off we looked around cedar for a job but the cattle industry just doesn't pay enough to survive any more. Two years ago we built a new home and now we are having to sell it to move to where he got a job. Cedar it only 45 min. from the St George LDS Temple. Our house is also located 1 block from a new this year elementary school. We've loved living here and the people are great. I just put our home on the market today. It has a master bedroom and bath upstairs that is 560 sq. feet and the main floor has 1529 sq feet with two more large bedrooms if this interests you let me know and I can send you some pictures. Also cedar is a great place for carpentry and home improvement business.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 PM

654 posts, read 1,910,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corway View Post
After living 20 years in Florida, my husband and I are looking for a new place to move. My husband is self-employed in the carpentry and home improvement business. Some of the smaller towns in Utah, like Manti, Vernal and Monticello, seem inviting, but I am not sure what the employment situation is like in Utah smaller towns. We are life-long LDS converts and would like to be within an hour's drive of a Temple. We have one school-aged child and our son's family will be moving to our new area also. Can someone suggest some places for us to move to either in Utah, Colorado, Idaho or Wyoming. Thank you for your help.
Might I suggest the Logan area? It is quite beautiful, decent size but in no way big city, temple in town too. As far as the poster who mentioned the west side of SLC, not all of it is bad. West Valley City is nasty, and Magna, well, just don't go there. But West Jordan and South Jordan are both fine.

I'd not go the Wyoming route. Wyoming is the snow fence capital of the world. It's not that pretty (it doesn't all look like Yellowstone) and no city of any size to speak of.

I'm not familiar with Idaho but have heard only great things about it. You might try looking more at that area. You'll find plenty of other LDS there, especially in the southeastern part of the state, as well as several temples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah