Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 PM

6 posts, read 15,712 times

Advertisements

I just purchased a little over 4 acres in the Beryl area. Specifically in Valley Of Visions subdivision 3. I looked on the map to locate this area and noticed a lot of huge green circles spread out the area. Does anyone know what these circles are? Also, I've been reading a lot about water rights. Where do I go to find out if my property has water rights on it?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 06:48 PM

239 posts, read 952,180 times
I sure hope you did not pay too much for your land?!
Those large green circle are alfalfa (hay) fields. Thy have a pivot, a large sprinkler that goes in a circle to water. If you did have water rights, you would know. They are considered personal property and often sold separate from land. Very little of the land is sold with water rights. They are a valuable commodity, 4 to 12,000 dollars an acre foot. Having a water right only gives you the right to draw water from the ground, you must put in a well. That is a whole nother thread.
Lot of issues in our valley.
Beryl/Enterprise Ground Water Managment Plan
General Info
Utah Water Rights
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah