U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM

2,465 posts, read 6,308,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmejh View Post
That was exactly what I was going to say. I'm glad to see we have at least one person who hasn't found Utah County hell.

Great Utah minds think alike??
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 PM

550 posts, read 2,037,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Great Utah minds think alike??
Why yes, that seems about right!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 AM

54 posts, read 491,872 times
They are most obviously brainwashed by their mormon neighbors , dont listen to them ... ha ha.
Actually youll probably be ok , after you get brainwashed too LOL.

Ok but seriously ... the worst part of Utah county is the traffic , since your comming from a small town , the traffic is whats going to slap you in the face . I know I know , they'er suppose to be small towns down there , but they'er all packed together like one big city , with small town roads ... hence the problem.
For the least amount of traffic try south of provo.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:14 PM

12 posts, read 13,666 times
Pleasant Grove is A loverly place to live and bring up your children. Mace`s supermarket is open 24/7,best donuts ever. The area is clean and tidy. Only 5 min drive to work for your hubby. No need to go on the i15 which can get very icy. I live in West Australia,but have spent some time in PG also I`m not a lds,but didn`t have any trouble getting along with everybody, I was even on first name basis with the mail lady,who by the way delivers on a Sunday. Go for it,you`ll love it good luck

Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 PM

12 posts, read 13,666 times
This is the West Australian again. If you want anyother info and or contacts in PG you could email me with your questions. Only be too happy to help dick.riley29@yahoo.com.au

Old 01-29-2011, 02:35 PM

9 posts, read 24,645 times
Funny to see this back up 2 year later. We ended up not moving in 09 but moved last summer. We are happilly settled in Pleasant Grove.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:34 PM

226 posts, read 520,290 times
That's so great! So now, please, you need to keep checking in on CD and responding to people who have the same concerns you had. It's good to know you moved to Pleasant Grove. I used to drive my kids down there to attend the FABULOUS space camp that the school district offers, and I always thought that the town had the most perfect name. Glad you let us know!

Old 01-23-2012, 07:44 PM

54 posts, read 491,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmr View Post
Pleasant Grove is A loverly place to live and bring up your children. Mace`s supermarket is open 24/7,best donuts ever. The area is clean and tidy. Only 5 min drive to work for your hubby. No need to go on the i15 which can get very icy. I live in West Australia,but have spent some time in PG also I`m not a lds,but didn`t have any trouble getting along with everybody, I was even on first name basis with the mail lady,who by the way delivers on a Sunday. Go for it,you`ll love it good luck
Ok so your not LDS , But your a freakin Liar. No where in the USA do they deliver mail on sunday. Unless you want to call Fast offerings mail ... then that be only on the first sunday of every month ... but still ... they knock on your door and you get the oportunity to handle the mail.

Lying will get you no where

Old 02-20-2012, 04:52 AM

1 posts, read 966 times
Default moving to Lindon

Hi I'm thinking to immegrate and stay in Lindon, Utah. I have 2 kids (8,14)
to consider.
I know very little to nothing about that area.
What will be considered as a good salary offer in these parts and is it better to rent a house or to buy.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 PM

4 posts, read 6,297 times
We are not LDS (not by a long shot!) and love it in Utah County. PG is a great little town and AF Canyon is right there for the taking. The LDS thing is blown waaaay out of proportion. If you want to be left alone, people won't bug you. We're actually feeling like they think us not worthy, because after four years, we STILL haven't been visited by a missionary! : 0
If you want to be a part of the community, people will welcome you. You'll need to understand that most events and activities take place at the church, mostly because those buildings are open for that kind of thing and they are pretty central. There's usually an opening prayer (not always) at the BBQs and basketball games, but no actual worship and no pressure to join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah