Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,180,665 times

Advertisements

It seems like the vast majority of threads are either for the greater Salt Lake City-Ogden area or the southwest corner/ St. George area. Just curious, what's life like in central Utah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 11:26 AM

153 posts, read 563,619 times
There's really nothing out there, except for very small towns here and there.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:16 PM

119 posts, read 585,418 times
I suppose Price is central Utah. The population is about 8,000. I love it here, but I like the small town living. We are a half hour from the mountains or the desert. This was great for camping this summer. We went almost every weekend. We have plenty of friends and we just moved here a year and a half ago. We aren't LDS and none of our neighbors are either. I haven't had a problem with LDS people like a lot of other people on this board post about. They are nice to me and I'm nice to them. My kids are both in school (one in 1st grade, one in preschool) and they both haven't had problems making friends. It took us almost 5 years to make any good friends when we lived in a different state. There isn't a lot in the way of employment out here though, unless you're in the mining industry (which my husband is).

There is stuff out here, some people just don't give it a chance when they are speeding by on the highway, I guess.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:46 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,678 times
yeah, i actually prefer the quieter parts of utah. central utah has some real gems–small, quiet places that are both close to wide wilderness and the cities.

in my line of work (digital media for the outdoor recreation industry), i need to be close to both, and central utah is where i would build a dreamhome had i the opportunity. maybe somewhere around fillmore, salina, or panguitch (a little more south...).

Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2penguins View Post
I suppose Price is central Utah. The population is about 8,000. I love it here, but I like the small town living.
Hi, Mom! My husband is from the Price area. He grew up in the little coal camp called Spring Canyon that has since become a ghost town. His dad was a coal miner years ago.

I was just wondering, is there still a doctor in Price by the name of Ted Madsen?

Old 02-18-2009, 04:51 PM

119 posts, read 585,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

I was just wondering, is there still a doctor in Price by the name of Ted Madsen?
I haven't heard of him, but I've only been here about a year and a half. I can ask one of my friends, she's lived here her entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah